Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’ve had a cold for a few days now and I can feel this isn’t going away by Monday, which is my surgery date. So freaking typical considering I haven’t been sick in years 😭

Do you guys think it will affect things? So worried about my coughing cause that’s definitely gonna hurt right after having surgery..

You may want to give your surgeon a call to see if they will move forward with the surgery when you are sick.

So sorry and good luck.

I'm sorry you are sick so close to your surgery date. I'm sure it is worrisome for you. I think you should call your surgeon's office and ask them.

Thanks guys:) yeah it’s definitely stressing me out. I have my last pre op appointment with them tomorrow morning so I’ll ask then. Hopefully I’ll be better and they won’t see it as a problem.

Seriously don’t know what I’d do if they postponed it cause they’ve already hired a temp to fill in for me at work, my bf is taking time off, and I’ve put my exams on hold, fingers crossed y’all 😂🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I'm with you VeeAurora. A cold has been making its way through my family over the last couple of weeks, and for the last few mornings I've woken up with a scratchy throat. I'm praying that it won't develop into anything, because when I get a cold it usually lasts for more than a week and surgery is next Thursday.

Crossing my fingers and praying for both of us.

So i was in this situation actually except I had a terrible ear infection with a cold that left a residual bad cough. The surgeon almost didnt perform the surgery because they were concerned about my lung congestion with the anesthesia. They did it though. It was a HUGE pain every time i had to cough after surgery though , which was frequent sadly. I got through it. It wasnt the most pleasant experience but I had planned for months around this surgery and rescheduling was going to be a nightmare :(

They said it was fine! It’s definitely going to hurt more than necessary but just like you said rescheduling would be hell. There’s no way I’m waiting longer. So fingers crossed the cough is better by Monday

Take an stuffed animal or small pillow with you, it hurts a lot less to " cough" if you can splint your incisions. I'm an asthmatic so I know what I'm preaching about!👍😛❤

Call your surgeon's office AND talk to the anesthesiologist. I don't mean to scare you, but when I had a different surgery, they had a hard time getting me back breathing on my own when they extubated me. I had to have an emergency re-intubation, and the surgeon and anesthesiologist both said it was because my lungs were temporarily damaged by my cold. In retrospect, I should have just put off my surgery (although at the time I didn't want to because my surgeon was going out of my insurance network the next week).