Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I am curious as to how many calories everyone is eating/what your macros look like around 7 months out? I am a little over seven months post-op and take in about 1000-1200 calories a day (this a rough estimate). I have been consistently losing weight since surgery/have not gained. I am about 15 pounds away from my goal weight of 140lbs and started close 238 lbs. I was exercising a ton but have decreased a lot about 3 months ago (increased work hours). I feel like I am eating too much given that I am not exercising. However, I am not gaining and continuing to lose, so I am unsure whether this mindset is just my own poor/toxic food mindset creeping back up on me or whether I am actually eating way more than I should be. Around 1000-1200 calories a day, most of my calories come from Protein, minimal exercise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Congrats on your weight loss! You know, if you are still losing weight and not gaining, you must be doing something right. So if you are satisfied with your loss rate, just keep doing what you are doing :)

I'm at about 600 calories (protein foward, >20g net carbs) and at least 1 hour of some sort of exercise a day. I'm still losing, not as fast as before of course, but it's all good.

P.S. your starting weight AND height AND surgery date are almost identical to mine! and I'm 15 lbs to goal as well! :)

Congrats on your weight loss! You know, if you are still losing weight and not gaining, you must be doing something right. So if you are satisfied with your loss rate, just keep doing what you are doing [emoji4]
I'm at about 600 calories (protein foward, >20g net carbs) and at least 1 hour of some sort of exercise a day. I'm still losing, not as fast as before of course, but it's all good.
P.S. your starting weight AND height AND surgery date are almost identical to mine! and I'm 15 lbs to goal as well! [emoji4]
Thank you! Congrats on your weight loss also!
My weight loss has definitely slowed down from the beginning but I feel like that is to be expected. I'm not really focused on how fast the weight comes off, more focused on my ability to continue to lose and keep the weight off.
I guess I have kept the "I'm continue to lose weight, I must be doing something right" mindset but I'm afraid that mindset is a trap. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I eat around 850 calories a day but I've been in a stall for a month. I tried cutting the calories to 600 but still stalled so now I'm upping the calories to 1000 to see if that makes a difference and whether my body is in starvation mode or something. I exercise at the gym 4 days a week and walk 6 days a week.

4 hours ago, GradyCat said:

I eat around 850 calories a day but I've been in a stall for a month. I tried cutting the calories to 600 but still stalled so now I'm upping the calories to 1000 to see if that makes a difference and whether my body is in starvation mode or something. I exercise at the gym 4 days a week and walk 6 days a week.

Has the scale not moved at all in 4 weeks? I’m a few months ahead of you (sleeve surgery 8/18) and I have seen a lot of your posts that mimic what I experienced, (and still experience) I have lost slowly from day one no matter what I tried. The most I’ve lost in a month since surgery is 9 pounds. My lowest loss months were Jan and Feb at about 3 pounds each when I was 5-6 months post op. I was so disappointed those months. I read through everything I ate, my activity level was decent and I wasn’t doing anything to ‘deserve” such pitiful numbers. I was eating about 800-850 calories a day. I never added calories to try and help although I have read here that people do that.

Since I am closing in on my first goal weight I tightened up my calories to 750 and joined a gym. My weight loss is still slow, but it is coming off. 4 pounds a month is a really good number for me even though mathematically it “should” be more. I’m aiming for 5 pounds this month and I may not make it, but it won’t be for lack of trying. Im sure being 58 plays a part in this. I have a slow metabolism now and I’m working on increasing it and accepting it at the same time.

Looking at my weight loss chart really helps. There are no steep drops, just a line sloping downwards. What I perceived as stalls were really just slow weight loss rates. I still get frustrated, however I try to not let it get to me.

You will get there.

ETA, My surgery weight was 204 so if you look at my ticker/stats it is misleading. I lost weight during the pre-surgery program.

Edited by Cheeseburgh