Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My bath robe has a removable tie that I pulled off this morning and looped through my belt loops to keep my pants up. I have an iPhone 7 Plus and there is enough room now between my belly and pants to put it long ways so I need new clothes. My husband saw and dragged me to the store and I’m having an anxiety attack about even trying on clothes. I don’t know why or what to do. 😭😭😭 Im 16 weeks post op, and 66 lbs down.

Start at one size down from your pre-surgery size.. if it's too big, go down another size. No need to stress! Clothes shopping is the fun part!

If you had your surgery done at an accredited hospital, contact the bariatric surgery coordinator; they might have a clothing exchange, so you don't have to buy new clothes every time you drop a size - you can supplement your wardrobe from stuff donated by other surgery patients!

Don't stress - that's an awesome thing! The only thing that will suck is having to continuously buy new clothes! lol. My surgeon doesn't have a clothing exchange, but fortunately my mother was my size (22) and is now a 12 and saved her in-between jeans for me. So I get SOME free clothes. Wal-Mart and thrift stores will be my go-to once I start dropping sizes. My goal weight, though, I am dropping $$$ on ALL THE THINGS! lol.

I usually would stick my phone in my dress pants waist band to hide it while I walked around my office... did that today and it fell down my pants-leg. I'm going to wear these til they fall off my butt, though.

Edited by mousecat88

I also don't want to try on clothes. Granted, I've lost nearly 50# and I'm still in the same clothes I was wearing before - and they're not baggy in the waist (legs are a completely different story). Honestly, I bought a few staples that I currently own (black pants, work out pants, etc) in a couple smaller sizes in the Black Friday sales. I'll just hope they work when I get there. And I own a lot of belted dresses - so those'll fit for several sizes.

On 12/13/2018 at 16:55, notmyname said:

I also don't want to try on clothes. Granted, I've lost nearly 50# and I'm still in the same clothes I was wearing before - and they're not baggy in the waist (legs are a completely different story). Honestly, I bought a few staples that I currently own (black pants, work out pants, etc) in a couple smaller sizes in the Black Friday sales. I'll just hope they work when I get there. And I own a lot of belted dresses - so those'll fit for several sizes.

I never have money for me. The last few weeks I’ve been using string to tie some of the belt loops together to tighten them and my belt of course. But it’s just way too big. I’m happy I’m in an 18, I haven’t been this small since my wedding 8.5 years & 3 kids (4 pregnancies) ago. Hoping to be 185 by Christmas, and hoping that I gain the courage to be able to get more clothes. For now i only have 1 pair of pants. Shirts are okay I don’t mind them being big, and I’m now wearing my husbands pjs at home (they’re shorts) so that’s no issue. I had to be forced to buy new shoes after 2 years of abuse to them (I’m always on my feet)

I only bought 1 goal piece which I think is labeled wrong but maybe not. I’m not there yet. I

Before you go shopping, dig through all of your stored clothes and see if there are any goal/whim things you bought that you never fit into so buried in a drawer or something. For the past 2 months I've been wearing things I clearly bought online on sale, then when they arrived I didn't fit in them. The size 12 jeans I'm wearing right now were still in the plastic when I unearthed them.

Honestly though, you will feel SO different when you're in properly-fitting clothes. Even if it's just some stuff you get off the Old Navy sale rack, definitely buy some things that are the right size.

I haven’t purchased anything aside from

I’m sorry my little boy just took my phone ... anyways I haven’t bought myself anything except one workout shirt in the past 6 years. I don’t have any clothes in storage. Instead I panic every time I try to shop for clothing for myself. Kids? No issue. Husband? No issue but I have actual panic attacks when I try for myself. So I wear my husbands shirts, or my 1 pair of pants. Or his shorts at home. There are no storage bins full of clothes. If I lose anymore weight and I won’t have anything to wear-and not lien omg too many choices I mean naked because I own no clothes because I have a panic attack trying

Shop goodwill or another second hand store. I find loads of great things there for dirt cheap. I’m not going to spend a lot on “transitional” clothes.

I second Old Navy. Always tons of clothes for dirt cheap. As a matter of fact, I can get things at old navy cheaper than our insanely overpriced goodwill store.

I dreaded shopping for clothes when I was plus size but now that I have more options, it is much more enjoyable. Maybe you will learn to enjoy it too.

When my clothes look nice and fit well, I feel better about myself.