Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soooooooo annoyed with my drs office!!!! (RANT)

So I submitted all my paper work last week and the physicians assistant told me she would be submitting my file to the insurance company that day (last Wednesday I believe). So I called my insurance company today to check on the status because they only take 24 hours to approve surgery. I call and the lady says she has nothing for me 😩 and to call my doctors office to see what the hold up is. I call the doctor and they tell me oh we are submitting your paperwork today. So now I’m pissed like Ms you def said you was submitting it last week. But ok fine whatever! So now I’m thinking when they claim the insurance company takes a week or two to process the surgery requests it’s really them taking their time submitting the request. I was really trying to get this stuff submitted ASAP my surgeon had one day left open in January and now since they are dragging their feet sending my stuff in I’m looming at a February/ March surgery date smh..... I’m pissed to say the least

That stinks. Try looking at it as that gives you more time to lose some weight pre-op. I wish that I would have been more focused on my goals pre-op and lost more weight then.

Girl I’m in the same boat. At my surgeon’s appt 2 weeks ago he said they would be submitting. Said it would be a week to get it all together and to insurance. Then insurance is 72 hours. They haven’t even submitted yet!! So annoyed.

I was also in the same boat as y'all.

Coordinators, RNs, office managers, etc. are just people who are fallible. They forget, neglected, are busy, lazy, misplace things, etc etc etc.

Stay in top of them.

My amazing team was going through a transition during my scheduling, getting a new office coordinator, she neglected to fax a crucial document to my insurance company. I only knew because I spoke to my insurance company every step of the way. I wasn't playing games with them. I had to call my new coordinator and ask her to fax the documents over and give her the specific persons name to expedite it. Then call back to make sure it was received. All of this less delayed my surgery.

But

Because I was diligent and had everyone's names and info, things moved along a lot faster than it should have afterwards and nothing ever got lost in red tape again...

P.S.

From the date of all that drama in my planner, my surgery was on 11/7/17...So don't give up!

IMG_20181210_131346.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

What also frustrates me is that I left her 2 messages last week but she didn’t return my calls. And whenever I call it always takes 2 tries (once it took 3) because the first time she picks up the phone and hangs up immediately. When you call back you get the voicemail. Today I spoke w the office manager. She said she will call me at 9 am tomorrow after she speaks w her (because of course she is off today).

3 hours ago, Bougieb said:

. I was really trying to get this stuff submitted ASAP my surgeon had one day left open in January and now since they are dragging their feet sending my stuff in I’m looming at a February/ March surgery date

Since it was his office's error, not yours I would push for the same date. Surgeons usually have some wiggle room in their schedule for stuff like this.

So they finally sent the paperwork over and it’s currently pending. I’m like about time 😩. I’m so ready to get this surgery it’s all I think about and I’m starting to hate it lol. It just consumes so much of my mind I find myself researching and looking at others peoples progress on Instagram I’m just ready to get it done and start the work. The waiting game is by far the worst part.

On 12/10/2018 at 14:06, ldawn said:

What also frustrates me is that I left her 2 messages last week but she didn’t return my calls. And whenever I call it always takes 2 tries (once it took 3) because the first time she picks up the phone and hangs up immediately. When you call back you get the voicemail. Today I spoke w the office manager. She said she will call me at 9 am tomorrow after she speaks w her (because of course she is off today).
Like I get y’all busy or whatever but come on answer the phone, return calls, do what y’all are supposed to do. This might not be life threatening but it’s major to us.

5 hours ago, Bougieb said:

So they finally sent the paperwork over and it’s currently pending. I’m like about time 😩. I’m so ready to get this surgery it’s all I think about and I’m starting to hate it lol. It just consumes so much of my mind I find myself researching and looking at others peoples progress on Instagram I’m just ready to get it done and start the work. The waiting game is by far the worst part.

Awwww,😢

Try to take a break from thinking about it, if you can. Because guaranteed you will be thinking about it non stop after it happens.

I'm in the same boat right now. Tomorrow is 2 weeks. I'm calling insurance again tomorrow!

This happened to me, too. The coordinator was supposed to submit my file after my last weigh in and didn't. Because of this, my surgery was pushed to January instead of December. It's very frustrating that people can't be trusted to do what they say they'll do when they say they'll do it. As much as I had to pester her to get it done, I should be compensated for the supervision I provided 😂

Update: so insurance has my file but it’s still pending when I called the rep said your surgery is scheduled for 1/24 right? I’m like uhhhhh I was never given a date I was told I had to wait to see what y’all said. She said oh ok well that’s what they put on your paper work. So I’m a little excited but I know when I talked to them they said they only had one more date in January which was the 31st. I would happily accept the 24th but Im scared to get my hopes up, the date could just be something they put on there and there’s a Chance I won’t be approved. I’m now thinking of the fact that I gained weight during my 6 months (even tho the nutritionist said not to worry she believes my metabolism needs to be reset and the insurance company will see that in her notes) but I’m still super worried. I just wana get this over with it’s legit stressing me out now 😩😩

On 12/11/2018 at 20:24, Bougieb said:

Update: so insurance has my file but it’s still pending when I called the rep said your surgery is scheduled for 1/24 right? I’m like uhhhhh I was never given a date I was told I had to wait to see what y’all said. She said oh ok well that’s what they put on your paper work. So I’m a little excited but I know when I talked to them they said they only had one more date in January which was the 31st. I would happily accept the 24th but Im scared to get my hopes up, the date could just be something they put on there and there’s a Chance I won’t be approved. I’m now thinking of the fact that I gained weight during my 6 months (even tho the nutritionist said not to worry she believes my metabolism needs to be reset and the insurance company will see that in her notes) but I’m still super worried. I just wana get this over with it’s legit stressing me out now 😩😩
I complained to the office manager yesterday about them not submitting to my insurance yet. So she submitted today. But wait.....there’s more! I am still having issues w Cigna. When I first started out in early october Cigna quoted my surgeon’s office wrong info. After an hour on the phone w Cigna they figured out that whoever set me up put me on the wrong plan. I work for the hospital who will be doing my surgery. Hospitals offer better coverage if you do you surgeries through them. They didn’t put me on the hospital plan. So fast forward to today. They kept telling surgeon’s office that I had to go to a different city for my surgery. Turns out when they fixed my insurance plan they put me on w a different hospital within our system. SMH. It’s all fixed now. Just waiting approval.