Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I'm Esther. I've been lurking around the boards for a few days and wanted to introduce myself. My surgeon just sent off the letter for approval this week so I'm hoping to hear back in the next few weeks. If all goes well we hope to plan surgery for December since I've already met my deductible for the year and the deductible double next year (of course it does). The heaviest I've ever been was about 293, over a few years I worked with my doctor and got down to 230 (lowest of my adult life). I started to slowly gain it back and then was put on lexapro and gained 30lbs in 3 months and now I'm almost back to my heaviest. After much deliberation, my doctor and I decided on the gastric sleeve. My friends have been incredibly supportive but I'm looking forward to going through this journey with the rest of you.

Welcome!! Good luck with your approval! I just had mine done Nov 14 and already pleased. Minimal pain, no nausea, so far so good! I got the two ounce cups from dollar tree so it’s easier to make it thru the day without thinking!!

2 minutes ago, Happy Sleever said:

Welcome!! Good luck with your approval! I just had mine done Nov 14 and already pleased. Minimal pain, no nausea, so far so good! I got the two ounce cups from dollar tree so it’s easier to make it thru the day without thinking!!

That's great to hear!

Welcome! Good luck on getting your approval. You will get a lot of support here.....lot of information too. 👌

Welcome! Good Luck on your approval! I hope all goes well and you are able to get the surgery in this year as well. You will find a lot of support here and people that understand what you are going through. I am new here myself as i am Self Pay and just decided to have the sleeve done at the end of Sept, and Sleeved by November 8th. So far all has been well... To new beginnings! :)

Welcome to the site and hoping your insurance approval comes through quickly!

Fingers crossed for your approval! Welcome!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I wanted to welcome you also . Although I am an newish RNY bypasser (9/05/2018) most of my best friends are sleevers. You'll find friends on here from both sides of the WL aisle, it's like the Army and Navy, we are allies in the Bariatric Wars and we help each other out as much as possible😛😎😇!