Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 weeks post surgery still nautious

Very upset. I'm 8 weeks post surgery and I still get nautious throughout the day. Can't figure out the trigger. Nautious if I don't eat, nautious if I do. I'm fighting back there resentment of having the surgery. Then extra frustrated because what's done is done. Upside of course is the 37 lbs wishes weightloss since pre surgery diet but I don't feel like that outweighs the nausea.

Have you talked to you surgeon about it? Reach out to them and see if they can help you out. I'm sure your not the first case they have heard it from. Good Luck to you, hope you feel better SOON!!!!

Are you taking Vitamins? I know my vitamins make me feel nauseous until I found some I can tolerate. Are you staying hydrated? When I've been dehydrated the nausea is worse. there could be fixable reasons to your nausea. Talk to your doctor and dietician.

Have you talked to you surgeon about it? Reach out to them and see if they can help you out. I'm sure your not the first case they have heard it from. Good Luck to you, hope you feel better SOON!!!!
Thank you. I will

Are you taking Vitamins? I know my vitamins make me feel nauseous until I found some I can tolerate. Are you staying hydrated? When I've been dehydrated the nausea is worse. there could be fixable reasons to your nausea. Talk to your doctor and dietician.
I know I'm not drinking enough Water but sometimes the mere thought of it makes me want to throw up. I have tried Crystal light and other liquids but still struggle getting enough down. I will talk to dietician. Thanks.

8 hours ago, rs said:

I know I'm not drinking enough Water but sometimes the mere thought of it makes me want to throw up. I have tried Crystal light and other liquids but still struggle getting enough down. I will talk to dietician. Thanks.

I got like that and my dr said I was dehydrated and sent me to get fluids by IV. It really helped how I was feeling. I wasn't nauseous or tired. I try to stay on top of it now. I knew going in I was going to struggle drinking 64oz because I could go all day drinking one 20oz.

I was having the same problem. I started out fine and then about week 7 was super sick. I started eliminating foods trying to figure out the trigger. Turns out, I developed and intolerance to whey Protein. My nutritionist had me switch to a plant based protein, that helped.

Good luck!

Water makes me feel nauseous and I loved it before surgery. Gatorade Zero has been a godsend for me. Just thought I’d share that for what it’s worth....

40 minutes ago, lzucks said:

Water makes me feel nauseous and I loved it before surgery. Gatorade Zero has been a godsend for me. Just thought I’d share that for what it’s worth....

Same here. Before sleeve I guzzled plain Water. Loved it. After surgery it makes me nauseous. Have to add crystal light.

I was having the same issue with being nauseous a few weeks back. Nothing seemed to help, not meds, not cutting dairy, not drinking more Water.
Turns out, after a meeting with my nutritionist, it’s my new signal that I’m hungry...great.

well just woke up and taking inventory. Nausea, nope don't think so yet. Went and got some 15 calorie lemonaid, took Azo and Ditropan for cranky spasing bladder, Zofran to calm tummy down so I don't ge5 chest pain from vomiting, Wellbutrin so I don't start swinging from the curtain rods , maybe I'll watch Flea Market Flip, I l8ke Lara Spencer and I like how they turn junk into "junque" and sell it for a big profit! Does make you think NYC people are lushes, they sell a disproportinate amount of wine carts! Maybe they're bought for other uses.
Lips are cracked, when I was a little Frustr8 I was told that meant insufficent fluids. Yeah once upon a time I wasn't 290 pounds, in fact unti puberty reared its ugly hormone-riddled head on was merely,on the high side of the growth plateau, just looked tall for my age but approximated "normal" But a,lot,of Water under the bridge, 3 tornados, floods and a dorecho, notwithstanding.
When I was a Girl Scout, back before we all had to be political-correct, offend no one we had a musical pre-food Grace
God has created a new day-
Silver and green and gold-
Live that the sunset may find us -
Worthy His Gift,to hold.
And have a shiny new Sunday, get enough Fluid, adequate Protein and just enough calories you don't topple over from light-headed. And keep your weight loss so smooth, you never stall!
😋👉😎👈