Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I’m 5 weeks post op and struggling to get all the Protein in without using the Premier Protein. Even with it I don’t meet goal everyday. I started logging my food today in MFP and I’ve attached a couple things if anyone has any advice i would appreciate it. Also, Is my fat too high? This is my first post but I’ve been around for some time and everyone’s insight has been so helpful over the last couple months!

image-0.0150203704833984.jpg

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

at 5 weeks you are just getting to the point that the Protein gets easier. The food choices start to open up from here on out. Just eat the protein first.

If you are a coffee drinker the premier liquid goes great in morning coffee (and the next 4 cups after that :) )

My personal opinion but that 50% target listed for carbs is a bad idea.

50 grams per day, ok , but 50% of calories is a recipe for slow weight loss and continued carb addiction.

ok thats my anti carb rant for the month of August (but Sept is only a week away) so good luck and i hope you have great success.

You can set your macro levels to for your needs in MFP and it will give you alerts when you are too close to exceeding one. Since now we are told we need Protein the most I sent my level to 60% and carbs/fats each get 20%. I obviously never exceed protein but this helps me to be more aware of carbs and fats.

I add premier into other drinks (iced tea & coffee, hot tea & coffee) because I couldn't handle it alone. Now its a breeze. Almost too easy.

Safe Journey!

Screenshot_2018-08-29-00-54-51.png

Edited by GreenTealael

Thank you so much for the reply! Totally agree with you about the carbs I’m not sure how they calculated that maybe just by my weight but it’s def not a goal for me I probably need to mess with the app more. I’m using it just to kind of see where I’m at and to show the dietician when needed.

Thanks greentealael! Are your fats usually that high as well?

5 minutes ago, alioolala said:

Thanks greentealael! Are your fats usually that high as well?

YES,

because eat oils, nuts and sometimes avocados. I also over estimate amounts I log in MFP for home recipes

I'm just past the 5 weeks mark too. I was cleared for soft foods and purees so I switched to egg whites (14 grams protein) and then steamed fish in V8 like Haddock (19 grams right there). I put Protein Powder in my yogurt for Snacks (keeps the fat low and Protein boost high). Throughout the day I'll sip on half of a premiere protein. I'm just hitting it.

I can't hit my Protein goal without shakes and protein waters. I get full on very small amounts of foods for my protein so can't get in much that way.

I found messing with the settings for MFP much easier using my laptop. You can login on a pc and to me it's a whole lot easier to navigate. Good Luck to you!!!

On 08/29/2018 at 08:17, Cynisca said:

I'm just past the 5 weeks mark too. I was cleared for soft foods and purees so I switched to egg whites (14 grams protein) and then steamed fish in V8 like Haddock (19 grams right there). I put Protein Powder in my yogurt for Snacks (keeps the fat low and Protein boost high). Throughout the day I'll sip on half of a premiere Protein. I'm just hitting it.

Good idea! I’m going to get some unflavored powder today and try that. I’m so tired of the shakes that’s pretty much all I ate during puréed bc I couldn’t stomach blenderized meats!

On 08/29/2018 at 08:46, J San said:

I can't hit my Protein goal without shakes and Protein waters. I get full on very small amounts of foods for my protein so can't get in much that way.

I found messing with the settings for MFP much easier using my laptop. You can login on a pc and to me it's a whole lot easier to navigate. Good Luck to you!!!

I’m like you and get full off very little as well. Even the shakes takes me all 6 “meals” to get through 2! I’m going to try to fix those settings today I really do love the app for tracking.