Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! I'm approved. So now I start the last round of my program in Sept. They sent me all the paperwork on all the stuff I will get and need to do over the next 3 years to remain in the program after surgery and get my copay reimbursed over the 3 year period. For that don't remember I'm in a clinical trial program that requires 3K payment upfront and each year I get 1K back as long as I'm losing or keeping off the weight I have loss off. This way I earn the 3K back. They are checking to see if money is a motivator for people to keep the weight off for 3 years. I'm so grateful I made it through the first phase it was a long 16 weeks and since I didn't lose that much I really thought they might not choose me, but they did!

Now the only thing that can stop me is if they find some medical reason I can't have the surgery which I don't think they will, or I don't make all of my scheduled appointment or meet the goals they set for me pre-surgery which I plan to do all! I have wanted this for too many years to blow it now! Also, this program is awesome, for 36 months I will get twice a month of personal training, once every other month nutritional counseling and once a month psychological counseling. With all of that in my toolbelt after surgery, I just have to succeed! Pre-surgery I will get two nutritional counseling, 12 personal training sessions, and 6 psychological sessions. Also a list of tests so long I would be here forever trying to type them all. But the exciting part about all the tests is they will do them pre-surgery and every 6 months for the next 3 years so I can really see how I'm progressing, they include things that I could never afford on my own like Tanita scans, underwater body fat analysis, range of motion and spinal alignment tests, etc. I just can't even wrap my brain around all of this and that it is actually happening!!!

Oh my gosh! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers that nothing comes up to prevent me from completing this program or getting the surgery. I get to choose my surgery month and I'm choosing the week before Christmas so holiday eating/festivities don't throw me off track. I thank you all for being SO very supportive and encouraging over the past 16 weeks! I'm glad I found this forum.

Edited by Beta98
formatting

Congratulations, that's awesome news! And you'll be providing answers for everyone else going down this path in the future! Sounds like a wonderful program. The more post-op support, the better, imho! Prayers that all goes smoothly!

thank you!

Congrats! That sounds like an amazing plan with great support, I'm sure you will rock it!

Sweet! You'll be on the loser's bench in no time! ;)

what an amazing program, congratulations on your date!