Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vets- your diet opinions please

Vets- I have been following Keto for about 9 months, lost about 48 lbs. Feeling good. I hate the word 'diet' but want your opinions:

I'm thinking about changing it up and going completely back to a post-bariatric type eating- low carb and higher Protein. I've been tweaking my diet a bit but don't want to screw myself up.

I have 10 lbs that I need to lose before some medical testing in about 4 weeks and wondering if going back to low carb/high protein vs Keto would be more successful (by successful I purely mean burn off some fat)??

thoughts?

20 minutes ago, mi75 said:

Vets- I have been following Keto for about 9 months, lost about 48 lbs. Feeling good. I hate the word 'diet' but want your opinions:

I'm thinking about changing it up and going completely back to a post-bariatric type eating- low carb and higher Protein. I've been tweaking my diet a bit but don't want to screw myself up.

I have 10 lbs that I need to lose before some medical testing in about 4 weeks and wondering if going back to low carb/high Protein vs Keto would be more successful (by successful I purely mean burn off some fat)??

thoughts?

It certainly wouldn't be an issue to change up your diet to see if the new intake would help you out. Upping your Water intake can help shed a few extra lbs as well.

I cut out junk food and started counting calories again. 1200 a day and in a few months the pudge was gone.

I’ve been following a Bariatric keto plan that I got from Facebook group called Bariatric keto for women. It is low carb, moderate fat and high Protein. I feel fantastic getting back to the basic of our weight loss journey. I am 5 years out with no significant weight gain however I had been eating to much sugary food and was feeling very sluggish, I know weight gain would be next.

I noticed when I was eating g like I did my macros was keto. In order for me to loss I have to eat under 1000 calories. It works.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Most popular:

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Healthy_life2

it took me a long time to grow my hair back after all the surgery hair loss. Hairdresser screwed up my Hair, Now It’s way too short and I just want to cry. It will grow back. But damn. I'm in a pitty party.

· 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

Oh no! That's the worst...

I'm so sorry 💜

download (1).jpeg

• Uniballer420

Just had my first doctor's appointment about the surgery. I  qualify and am just starting 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • WeGettingThere

Hey ya'll. SO. I got down to 199 for the weigh in but gained it all back right after. I have to do another month of weight management. They switched out the nutritionists at the last second and she said she doesn't pass anyone unless they have 5 veggies a week. I'm starting metformin and Farxiga today. Doc found a little bit of blood in my urine but wasn't too concerned. I'm trying not to freak myself out either. Depression is a little more intense than usual. I'm all over the damn place. 
      · 0 replies
    • Jen M

3/19 - It wasn't a bad day I stayed up quite a bit much of the day. Have to focus on walking more before it gets too hot to walk outside at all.   Pain was less, but insomnia has kicked in the last two nights
      · 0 replies
    • JessLess

I hit Onderland today! I feel great!
      · 4 replies
      1. GreenTealael

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜

🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

❤❤❤❤❤CONGRATULATIONS❤❤❤❤❤

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇

👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

2. Orchids&Dragons

Congratulations! That's onederful!

3. JessLess

@Orchids&Dragons, thanks! 💚

4. Dr-Patient

Congratulations. I remember that day for me: May 13, 2014. I thought it'd never happen (especially after a 7-day stall at 200.2!!), but it was a "Hallelujah" day! Now...stay on program so you can stay in Onederland. After five years, especially...when ghrelin returns. So stay on track.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Onederland is a GREAT place to be.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs