Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not a yogurt person!

I have bought some fat free Chobani & FAGE brands and can’t seem to eat more than a spoonful, taste is too bitter. So I am curious as to how you all incorporate your Greek yogurt into your meals. I am 6 weeks post up and starting to incorporate new textures.

any suggestions.

I don’t like the taste of yogurt either but I do like it in my shake. I bought the Oikos Triple Zero yogurt and a few of the latex ice trays and filled the ice trays with the yogurt and froze them. When I make my shake I add a few cubes. Gives it creamy texture, extra Protein and since it is frozen it makes my shake supe thick and cold without it being watered down.

On 07/05/2018 at 21:12, Alagunas said:

I don’t like the taste of yogurt either but I do like it in my shake. I bought the Oikos Triple Zero yogurt and a few of the latex ice trays and filled the ice trays with the yogurt and froze them. When I make my shake I add a few cubes. Gives it creamy texture, extra Protein and since it is frozen it makes my shake supe thick and cold without it being watered down.

That’s a great idea to do it in your shake! I use it to make veggie dip. Sometimes you’ve just got to get creative!

5 hours ago, Alagunas said:

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

Post-surgery, artificial sweeteners can make foods that were okay or semi-okay now taste all funky. Have you tried plain yogurt and then tried added your own pureed fruit? I make my own yogurt which is much better than anything from a store. At least you tried brands of a higher quality. Gelatin-based yogurts can barely be referred to as yogurt.

What about sugar-free yogurt pops?

Are you wanting to include yogurt in your diet for variety ... or for the benefits of the microflora?

I made the switch from regular yogurt to greek yogurt years ago. Now, regular yogurt is just too sweet and runny for me.

Of the greek yogurt brands on the market, by far my favorite is Fage. I like the taste and texture, plus I can add as much or as little of that little section of sweetened fruit as I like. Meaning, I'm in control and not at the mercy of the manufacturer in terms of sweetness and flavor.

Lately, I've switched over to Skyr. To me, I can't tell the difference between it and greek yogurt. The brand I prefer is Siggi's. It's low in sugar and carbs and still packs the same Protein kick. In fact, I'd say that it's LESS SWEET than Fage

I usually beef it up a little with: 1TBSP granola, 1TBSP Unjury unflavored, and 1tsp chia seed. It gives me some crunch and texture, plus I get a little protein boost from the unjury. Sometimes I eat it for Breakfast, others I eat it as an afternoon snack.

Yoplait Greek 100 Whips. vanilla Cupcake flavor.

To...die...for:)

Available at the evil empire of Walmart.

100 calories, 9g of Protein.

Peach, strawberry Cheesecake, and Coconut Macaroon flavors are pretty damned good, too:)

Sam Walton's spirit may be snickering
His,motto was: If you build it, they will come. In your case: If we stock it, CreekImp will come!

I too hate the taste of plain greek yogurt! But, I use it so much now and it is for sure a staple in my fridge! My favorite thing to do is use it as a base for dips.... One of my old guilty pleasures was ranch dressing and I found that you can buy the ranch powder (I like hidden valley brand) and mix it into plain Greek yogurt and it tastes pretty similar, well... good enough. It's a good Protein boost for snacks! I like this dip with carrot chips, which are just fresh carrots that are mandolin cut into chips (I buy them in the produce section at Tom Thumb). Another thing I have found is Greek yogurt cucumber dip! Just some plain greek yogurt, pureed cucumber, a bit of dried dill and lemon juice makes a really yummy Mediterranean inspired sauce for chicken and steak! Lastly, if I'm craving something sweeter I'll mix in some sugar-free pudding mix (vanilla or cheesecake flavored) into the yogurt and dip strawberries into it for a sweet snack or even dessert! Some idea's for spicing up the yogurt itself if you like it plain would be fruit, granola, and sometimes I like agave nectar!

My favorite brand is Fage and I usually purchase the large container at costco for pretty cheap! Hope this helps! Best of luck!

I hear you, I'm not a yogurt fan either. But I have found a few ways to use Greek yogurt.

I mix plain Greek yogurt with salsa for a rich creamy dip. You can add avacado as well and make it really rich. This is good for soft/moist foods stage too. I would chop chicken, mix with dip.

Plain Greek yogurt is also good to replace mayo for tuna and chicken salad. Replaces sour cream as well.

I also use vanilla Greek yogurt and mix in a little fruit for flavor, it's like dessert!

Get creative, try to modify things you like to incorporate Greek yogurt.

We all love our own creations! But seriously, plain Greek yogurt and salsa is an amazing combo!

I'm pre-op and adjusting to the pre-op diet. I absolutely hate greek yogurt! or so I thought I did... I had only tried the Chobani brand once or twice and could not finish the container. It tasted awful. At the store the other day, I decided to give it another try, but this time I tried Danon Lite & Fit Greek Non-Fat, strawberry flavor. I really like this. I eat it as a snack and sometimes use it as a dip for apple wedges. It is a nice combination.

I tried another combination this morning and it was very good too. I put a wedged and peeled Bartlet pear into the yogurt. The only issue I'm having is eating it slow... )-:

Edit: I actually think this is a better combination than with the apple wedges!

Edited by macadamia
update

On 7/6/2018 at 8:58 PM, Sleeved36 said:

I hear you, I'm not a yogurt fan either. But I have found a few ways to use Greek yogurt.

I mix plain Greek yogurt with salsa for a rich creamy dip. You can add avacado as well and make it really rich. This is good for soft/moist foods stage too. I would chop chicken, mix with dip.

Plain Greek yogurt is also good to replace mayo for tuna and chicken salad. Replaces sour cream as well.

I also use vanilla Greek yogurt and mix in a little fruit for flavor, it's like dessert!

Get creative, try to modify things you like to incorporate Greek yogurt.

We all love our own creations! But seriously, plain Greek yogurt and salsa is an amazing combo!

Which salsa are you using? Does the Tomato acidity bother you at all? I've been told that tomatoes are a common food not tolerated after VSG.

I never thought of mixing in tuna with greek yogurt. I'll have to try that too... Thanks!

I usually use Pace chunky mild salsa.

Everyone is really different with what they tolerate, but the tomatoes don't bother me. I have no heart burn at all and am not on any antacids.

Wish the same for you!

I recommend Dnnon 80 calorie greek yogurt. It's less tart than Chobani and fage. Lots of flavors. I personally like the lime and cherry.