Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sexual activity

WHEN is the right time to resume wifely duties in the bedroom after having RNY bypass surgery? Again, MY surgery were done May 15, 2018. Just had a minor endoscopic surgery and found to have 2 ulcers in pouch area ( on staples and inside). Given medications prilosec and carafe for 3 months. Still in recovering mode....Just need to know!

You mean you haven't yet?

No, seriously, the usual answer we see from most programs is when you feel like it. As long as you work with positions that aren't stressing anything or making you uncomfortable, it is fine, as there is nothing about the ultimate end game that will cause you (or your surgery) any harm.

So, no swinging from the rafters, but otherwise.....

My program addressed this issue in the post op note. It says wait a week and then follow the "if it hurts don't do it" rule lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My doctor advised that we abstain from intercourse for 6 weeks, and i did just that.

This was also due to the fact that females had to be off birth control a month after the surgery. They wanted no risk of pregnancy this early out. So if you’re a female I would be very cautious about your sexual activity. There are other things you can do if you’re not on birth control/condoms

I waited a couple of days after surgery and when we did it, it was a very careful affair for a week or two xx

15 hours ago, BEBJ said:

wifely duties

Tea just shot out my nose. :lol:

If you're craving sex...do what you feel up to.

If you're not craving sex....don't bother. You are under no obligation:)

Lol. I figured it was an unexpected question because I had a good bit of views but no answers. So.....I gave up on anyone answering.

Thank you for responding. And for your frankness in your response. May your journey be forever successful.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:37 AM, RickM said:

You mean you haven't yet?

No, seriously, the usual answer we see from most programs is when you feel like it. As long as you work with positions that aren't stressing anything or making you uncomfortable, it is fine, as there is nothing about the ultimate end game that will cause you (or your surgery) any harm.

So, no swinging from the rafters, but otherwise.....

Nope I haven't in awhile😁! I've been thinking about it but I am married to a man that's set in his way of doing things plus he's 5years my senior. So, YES I am hesitating. Just needed some input before we go back to the doctor. Thanks,may your walk be successful.

On 6/24/2018 at 1:06 AM, Trixie82 said:

My program addressed this issue in the post op note. It says wait a week and then follow the "if it hurts don't do it" rule lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for your response. May you be successful in your journey.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:00 AM, Bryn910 said:

My doctor advised that we abstain from intercourse for 6 weeks, and i did just that.

This was also due to the fact that females had to be off birth control a month after the surgery. They wanted no risk of pregnancy this early out. So if you’re a female I would be very cautious about your sexual activity. There are other things you can do if you’re not on birth control/condoms

YES YES YES! YOU are the ONE! I have TIME! Enjoy your successful walk on this journey! Thank you!!!

@BEBJ as stated above, when you feel comfortable, but understand when you get to the "prize", those ab muscles tend to tighten up... so be ready with a pillow or something to press in like you do when sneezing.

I think you are missing a great opportunity here... get your guy to "go downtown" and just lay back and enjoy it! Just tell him you'll get him back later, once you feel up to it LOL

I Am married to a man that's set in his way of doing things plus he's in the one move status and I cannot introduce any other moves nor suggest any without it being a disaster. Sooo, "downtown " is out of the equation. Lol. BUT thanks for the response. I love hearing a man's viewpoint.

@MazzZ perfect advise! I always did love to 68. (He does me and I owe him one) 69-1=68 😂💪🏼

Oops, I should wear my glasses when texting 🧐 its @mattz not @mazzZ 🤪

17 minutes ago, BEBJ said:

I Am married to a man that's set in his way of doing things plus he's in the one move status and I cannot introduce any other moves nor suggest any without it being a disaster. Sooo, "downtown " is out of the equation. Lol. BUT thanks for the response. I love hearing a man's viewpoint.

OMG that's horrible! You should totally be teaching that old dog some new tricks... or you might want to revoke his playtime... I can't understand why guys can be so selfish...