Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Quite Miserable

So I was sleeved on 06/07/18. Pain has not been an issue at all but I’m having trouble moving to full liquids. They make me feel ill. Drinking Water is sometimes painful. I don’t have the ability to burp, I never have, but I feel like I would feel tons better if I could. I’m feeling a touch of regret.

When do things start feeling normal again? I just want to drink water without feeling like I might die.

I was sleeved on 6/14 and I feel the same way towards Water but sugar free Jello and Protein chicken broth with additional unflavored Isopure is my best friend for now. Have you tried propel? It goes down a little better than water

I’m having my surgery tomorrow the 18th. Sorry your having problems simply drinking Water. That has to be tough have you called you doctor on this?

If you're struggling with the Water, try some warm (not hot) herbal tea with a little honey in it to sooth your throat. Don't worry about the little bit of sugar right now, your highest priority is the fluids.

btw, I'm another non-burper. Never could. My mom said I was a horrible baby!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Try drinking the Water at room temperature. Ice cold water (the way I usually like it) was impossible to drink during the first few weeks. I felt a lot of regret too but these hard days will pass and it does get easier!

My personal flavors of Propel, kiwi strawberry and Black Cherry, Also try Nestle Splash, no calorie also, my flavors in descending order: Acai Grape, Mixed berry, Mandarin Orange, Lemon. Try some mint leaves in your Water, leaves a refreshing,feeling going down and it might, just might, help you burp. Or even cucumber slices, not that found of cukes as a rule. One friend likes a lime slice, another a lemon.🍋

My surgery was 6/6 and I have been quite uncomfortable as well. I am getting to the point of anger actually. Water does not work for me, makes me ill. I drink Premier Protein Clear Raspberry or fruit punch and I drink Powerade.

I have severe cramping each time something does down my throat. It passes but it is really unpleasant. I just tell myself it is temporary but I honestly am getting past my threshold of being able to deal with it. Sorry you feel the same!

Get some Powerade Zero . It will make a difference and will keep you from getting dehydrated