Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I eating too much?

I worry about everything.
My nut has only given me a Protein goal no calorie goal until my next post-op appointment on 6/22.

I’m trying to reach that 60-80 protein goal but I feel like with that I’m getting too many calories.

Today I had 920 calories, yesterday 850.

I don’t eat anything I’m not supposed to but the weight just isn’t coming off like I want to. I’m 7 weeks out, what was your carb/calorie goal at that point?

I am just 4 weeks out and I am averaging 200 to 300 calories per day following my post op guide. At 7 weeks I should be around 600 calories per day if I calculate correctly.

1 hour ago, jrsone said:

I worry about everything.
My nut has only given me a Protein goal no calorie goal until my next post-op appointment on 6/22.

I’m trying to reach that 60-80 Protein goal but I feel like with that I’m getting too many calories.

Today I had 920 calories, yesterday 850.

I don’t eat anything I’m not supposed to but the weight just isn’t coming off like I want to. I’m 7 weeks out, what was your carb/calorie goal at that point?

Can you give a sample daily menu?

Here’s a screenshot

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

16 minutes ago, jrsone said:

Here’s a screenshot

OK so i had the EXACT same problem as you ... Not technically eating anything wrong but... MY NUT said that most of these are slider foods which means it leaves you hungrier quicker. I was told to begin to add dense source of Proteins and vegetables to every meal. Thats it. The supplements and bars was to be used if i absolutely could not get food on the go

You may try cutting your carbs for faster loss. I know my doctor wants me under 50 grams a day, and plenty of people aim for 25 grams or less.

It looks like you eat a good bit of processed or prepackaged foods as well. You might consider preparing and cooking more of your own food. Now that we can’t eat a lot, all calories are not equal and it’s vital to get that good nutrition in!

I don’t think the calories are an issue. Most of us simply don’t lose weight as quickly as we want to.

are you also getting in your bariatric Multivitamins and 64oz (2L) + water/fluids?

As others have said, it might be that the processed Protein foods/supplements you are having are a little high in processed carbs and not giving you the kind of satiety (and nutrition) that you'd get from things like Gelatin rich Soups, soft-cooked meats and eggs, or fibre-rich steamed vegetables and porridge (rolled oats cooked soft in water)?

I'm adding a 14.5g collagen hydrolysate protein supplement to my morning coffee with a cup of 1% milk, and having half a protein Water during the afternoon for another 18g protein, with the remainder of my nutrition coming from my Breakfast (2/3 of a serving of porridge), and steamed veggies and soft chicken/fish for most of the rest of my solid foods, and home-made blended vegetable soups as part of my liquids. I"ll sometimes include half or a whole Quest Protein Bar if I'm going to be caught out/away from home for a few hours when I need to eat.

Or, you might just be someone who loses slower. Everyones genetics, dieting history, metabolism and hormones are different. If you are doing more exercise you may be building more muscle while losing fat, or holding more water temporarily. I've been progressively losing size since I started my 3 week pre-op VLCD, and am currently 3.5 weeks post op (just finished the common "3 week stall" where I stayed around 104kg for about a week before the scales started moving again the other day).

Keep talking with your nutrition team about what you are eating, and how you are feeling, and they should be able to provide you the most practical and suitable advice.