Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got approved!!

Got my approval phone call today! So excited! Now I have to wait until Tuesday to get scheduled.

So exciting isn't it? I just got my date and surgery June 19th. It's flying by!!

Hoping to get scheduled by the end of June, with all of the appointments it should go by quick

It will! It will be here before you know it and if your like me you have a million things to do and not enough time lol

3 hours ago, sammi123 said:

So exciting isn't it? I just got my date and surgery June 19th. It's flying by!!

Mine is June 18th! 🙌🏼

Congratulations! How exciting! I just got approved as well! I'm scheduled for 6/18. Holy mole, it's starting to feel real!!

2 hours ago, RoxyFox87 said:

Congratulations! How exciting! I just got approved as well! I'm scheduled for 6/18. Holy mole, it's starting to feel real!!

I know right? lol

I stocked up on Vitamins yesterday and started stocking up on Protein Drinks. I got work lined out and just have one more appt with my surgeon and then surgery. Thank goodness I don't have to do the 2 week liquid diet. They just require a very low carb diet. That I can do!

Are you having sleeve or bypass?

Congrats guys I have my final with the nutritionist June 21st so I'm like getting nervous lol here's to hoping I don't completely lose control while at Disney lol

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

I hope I don't sound pathetic and I'm not sure how to phrase this. Yeah, me, the word- vomiting know-it-all of the western world, the person who has something to say, even when it's not her thread.
With my new program at Ohio State, I love it and I love all the people associated,with it.
A few years ago there was an easy-listening song, the refrain the singer kept singing in the background " and I love her so' no. matter where the music went in it, you heard the gentle refrain.
OK no matter what stage I'm going through, what new member I meet, what different member of my future surgical team I encounter , and it's all been good a little inner refrain sings in my head " and they still want me" , See in the other ill-fitting program I NEVER got that, I could have walked out their door, tried to cross the nearby interstate on foot, been killed, and they would not have shed tear one, I just didn't matter that much to them.
This new program, no matter what challenges they present me, and some of them will not be a chinch to implement, there is an inate caring about me and my future, this is in spring and I find I like it very much. So my little refrain" and they still want me" is one of the sweetest much heavenly songs I have ever heard. And I am filled with wonderment and joy at it all.
❤Frstr8. 26 May2018

The error word in the above posting should read" inspiring" because it is, to finally find such a bariatric home in this desert of disregard I in the past have encountered.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:25 AM, sammi123 said:

I know right? lol

I stocked up on Vitamins yesterday and started stocking up on Protein Drinks. I got work lined out and just have one more appt with my surgeon and then surgery. Thank goodness I don't have to do the 2 week liquid diet. They just require a very low carb diet. That I can do!

Are you having sleeve or bypass?

Same here! I'm so so glad I dont have to do a 2 week liquid diet, only 2 days. I'm doing my pre-ops this coming week and then surgery! ahhhhhh!!!! Auntie Anxiety should be knocking on my door anytime now. What Vitamins and drinks did you stock up on? I need to do that too.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:26 PM, RoxyFox87 said:

Same here! I'm so so glad I dont have to do a 2 week liquid diet, only 2 days. I'm doing my pre-ops this coming week and then surgery! ahhhhhh!!!! Auntie Anxiety should be knocking on my door anytime now. What Vitamins and drinks did you stock up on? I need to do that too.

My dr required me to get a multi Vitamin, Calcium, Vitamin D, and Iron, all which I got a Wal-Mart. I also got the Wal-Mart brand of the Premier Protein drinks. I really like them. They are thicker than the Premier Protein and I seem to stay fuller on them and to me they taste better. I just bought a 12 pack for 14.97. Cheaper than the Premier also. There are different flavors. I like them all.

I also made some Bone Broth. I used the chicken bones left over from the chicken I used to make some chicken salad and it taste pretty good also. I am gonna freeze it in some ice trays them put them in freezer bags for when I need them. I also bought some unflavored protein to add to that. Not sure how that will taste, I haven't tried it yet. Fingers crossed. lol

Good luck with your surgery, please update us when it's all over, you are own of our own. Sammi and. we're going to worry until we hear good news!😛

Scheduled for June 28th - only 10 days away!!!

Update: I was finally sleeved this Monday and boy was I in for a rude awakening. Literally. I woke up after surgery in soooo much pain! Both from the abdomen area and gas pains. Morphine and Water made me very nauseous but I feel better now. I got home yesterday and I'm doing ok. Still sore and gas pains aren't too too bad. I haven't been able to burp or fart like others. anyone else have that problem? Also my hospital didn't let me to take gasX while I was there.