Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick, Fat, & Nearly Dead

I've tried a ton of things to lose weight and nothing has ever been successful. Has anyone seen this movie and actually tried juicing? I'm wondering if I should give it a go, or if I should at least add a juice in there somewhere as a meal. Any thoughts?

I'm all for folks trying anything and see if it works, but I'm not sure having a sugary drink, that won't fill you up is likely to be a workable diet plan. Perhaps you will prove me wrong, until then I will stick to the Cuba Libre diet.

I thought the juices were mainly vegetables. I'll have to check out the Cuba Libre Diet. I'm just feeling like I keep hitting a wall, no matter what. Worried the surgery will end up the same way.

1 hour ago, Em_Jay75 said:

I've tried a ton of things to lose weight and nothing has ever been successful. Has anyone seen this movie and actually tried juicing? I'm wondering if I should give it a go, or if I should at least add a juice in there somewhere as a meal. Any thoughts?

I have tried so many diets and failed. That's why I had surgery. Is juicing going to make you feel satisfied? Is this way of eating sustainable for you long term?

1 minute ago, Em_Jay75 said:

I thought the juices were mainly vegetables. I'll have to check out the Cuba Libre Diet. I'm just feeling like I keep hitting a wall, no matter what. Worried the surgery will end up the same way.

I guess you can turn anything into juice. The Cuba Libre diet was more of a joke, a Cuba Libre is also known as a Rum & Coke (usually with a lime).

I have tried so many diets and failed. I wanted a long term solution. That's why I had surgery.

Great advice.
Thank you! I want a permanent change also. [emoji4]

I guess you can turn anything into juice. The Cuba Libre diet was more of a joke, a Cuba Libre is also known as a Rum & Coke (usually with a lime).

Oh. [emoji23][emoji23]

I don't think adding in a juice is a bad idea. I don't know that I could stick with it long term. Look up Dr. Vuong on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram. He's a bariatric surgeon that focuses a lot on nutrition. I'm (hopefully) attaching his entire book on "smoothies". Basically a mix of veggies and fruit that provide good nutrients and work for pre and post surgery. However he doesn't advise to only use these. You'll find a ton of video seminars he has about eating healthy.

Healthy Green Smoothies.PDF

I don't think adding in a juice is a bad idea. I don't know that I could stick with it long term. Look up Dr. Vuong on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram. He's a bariatric surgeon that focuses a lot on nutrition. I'm (hopefully) attaching his entire book on "smoothies". Basically a mix of veggies and fruit that provide good nutrients and work for pre and post surgery. However he doesn't advise to only use these. You'll find a ton of video seminars he has about eating healthy.
Healthy Green Smoothies.PDF

Wow!! Thanks SO much!! I'm so excited to try these and will definitely check out his instagram.

On 4/18/2018 at 5:14 PM, Em_Jay75 said:

I am skeptical.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:24 PM, aNYCdb said:

Cuba Libre is also known as a Rum & Coke (usually with a lime).

@Em_Jay75

so what do you think about the above? - nothing ventured, nothing gained;)

kathy

I tend more towards "MidOhio Meh",@ proud grammy, a glass of milk and a Peanut Butter chocolate-less oroein bar. My life is BORING, pleases send me to SURGERY!😖

That's Protein, durn it, stupid smartphone!👎

[mention=337445]Em_Jay75[/mention]
so what do you think about the above? - nothing ventured, nothing gained[emoji6]
kathy

Haha well I don't drink alcohol, never have, and probably not starting now 🤪🤪

I tend more towards "MidOhio Meh",@ proud grammy, a glass of milk and a Peanut Butter chocolate-less oroein bar. My life is BORING, pleases send me to SURGERY![emoji37]

Me too! I think I shall stay boring after my surgery!