Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes! But be careful cuz for some people they can be a slider and they eat too many.

My favorites are the Quest bars but I also like the Oh Yeah and the Power Crunch.< br>

If you're a costco member, the Kirkland brand Protein bars are great nutritionally, they taste great and you can't beat the price. Online shows 19.99 for 20 but they're cheaper in the stores by a few bucks. Under 200 calories, 3g or 4g net carbs, 21g protein.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Protein-Bars-Variety-Pack-2.12-Oz,-20-count.product.100296198.html

The only downside to the Protein bars compared to shakes is that the shakes tend to be much lower in fat and carbs so they are easier to use to get to your protein goals. The other issue is that protein bars tend to be geared towards density so it can sometimes be TOO easy to eat them and as @jess9395 mentioned they can be a slider towards a candy bar.

All things being equal you are probably better off eating a lean meat protein, but when you are in a rush the bars can be helpful.

I came across somthing called "meat-snx" which are chicken protein Snacks that I've come to enjoy they look like tiny graham crackers and come in a number of flavors for when I'm on the run (and they come in both sweet and savory flavors).

Thanks all! Still having problems getting all of my Protein in through just food and always looking for alternatives to the drinks.

I eat high protein foods but can eat so little it doesn’t work. Now my protein guidelines go up to 80 and I was barely getting 60 some days.

11 minutes ago, charismatic said:

Thanks all! Still having problems getting all of my Protein in through just food and always looking for alternatives to the drinks.

I eat high Protein foods but can eat so little it doesn’t work. Now my protein guidelines go up to 80 and I was barely getting 60 some days.

My doctor doesn't worry too much about getting protein mostly from food until at least 6-8 weeks out. I still take a shake and a protein Water every day because I eat such small portions of real food.

I'm 4 months out and drink one Premier Protein daily....in my decaff coffee. 30g of Protein in the bank makes me less stressed out about my 60g+ per day protein goal since my diet is a more vegetarian than most.

Edited by Creekimp13

I love Protein bars...but as Jess said, be careful. They're a slider, they're carb heavy, and they taste a little too much like a candy bar:) Easy to overindulge.

Sometimes food salvage stores have protein bars. I hit the jackpot for my favorite brand recently. A whole pallet of them got caught in the rain and the outer boxes were ruined. The salvage store put five bars in zip lock baggies and sold them for a dollar a bag! (five bars would usually cost about seven dollars here) They had good dating, were individually wrapped and sealed....and were perfect.

I bought way too many. Am hiding them downstairs in a giant popcorn tin so they're not quite so handy:) Gonna take some to my kiddo for lunch on the run at college.

I love Protein bars...but as Jess said, be careful. They're a slider, they're carb heavy, and they taste a little too much like a candy bar:) Easy to overindulge.
Sometimes food salvage stores have Protein Bars. I hit the jackpot for my favorite brand recently. A whole pallet of them got caught in the rain and the outer boxes were ruined. The salvage store put five bars in zip lock baggies and sold them for a dollar a bag! (five bars would usually cost about seven dollars here) They had good dating, were individually wrapped and sealed....and were perfect.
I bought way too many. Am hiding them downstairs in a giant popcorn tin so they're not quite so handy:) Gonna take some to my kiddo for lunch on the run at college.

I had never heard of a food salvage store so I googled it. So neat! I’m going to check one of these out. Thx!

There are VERY few things I'll buy at food salvage stores, most of the stuff is out of date or fishy enough to give me pause..... But occasionally, you can find a few things that are decent. I started going to them as part of a wildlife rescue co-op. One particular salvage store carried frozen goat milk for fifty cents a quart. It was out of date, but was frozen when fresh and the rescue used a ton it. We'd go in a couple times a month and buy all they had. I had a diabetic dog for 7 years, and bought all of her test strips slightly out of date at the salvage, too. (would not use them on people, but my dog...meh?...they were accurate enough) There are tons of snack foods and processed crap, but once in a while you find something cool. I got a gallon of Italian Balsamic vinegar for $4. This last trip I found very short dated Mio Water flavors for a dollar. I avoided the ones with Vitamins, but figured the regular favors were probably pretty stable.

If you go...don't expect glamour...lol. They can be kinda rough. But it's a terrific place to get specific things for the rescue...frozen and canned veggies for the lizards and birds, oatmeal for some of the baby critters, dried fruits and nuts on the cheap.

Check seals. Check dating. But a lot of diet products end up there. Tons of Protein powders and drinks. Slim Fast 20g Protein Shakes are very common because the company screwed up and bought cardboard holders that broke...so tons of them are in salvage right now with good dating. Wish they had Premier Protein...but it never seems to end up there:) Have seen Premier Protein bars, though.

Edited by Creekimp13

The food pantries in my town, one in particular only seems to pass out outdated,stuff. Now I don't mind slightly over, in fact I'm grateful but when they are a year to year and half,past it does give me pause.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app