Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The best answer is...ask your doctor or check your packet.

For maintenance after sleeve, I take:

2 Flinstone's complete chewables

500mcg B12

B50 Complex

4 calcium citrate 315mg

D3 5000 iu (I am D deficient...most people don't take this one)

I take 2 - Centrum 50+ for women.

Generic Folic acid 400mcg, Generic B1 100mg, Generic D3 5000iu Generic Biotin 5000mcg, Generic B12 2500mcg, 3 RainbowLight calcium citrate 800mg 2 - Triple Calm Magnesium before bedtime (for leg cramps and restless legs - I would not get any sleep without the magnesium)

Spacing the Calcium is a PITA, but whaddya gonna do...

I have always taken Vitamins, the additional ones for the sleeve added - extra multi, calcium, B1, and Biotin. The folic makes my hair grow crazy fast, and hopefully the biotin and adequate Protein will mean my Hair loss is lessened (cross fingers).

oh damn. I do not take Vitamins anymore. I actually stopped. I get enough nutrients by how I have structured my diet now.

I took Calcium (Twice a Day), Iron (Twice A Day), Biotin (Twice a Day), Vitamin D3 (Twice a Day), Multivitamin (Twice a Day), B12 (Twice a Day):

Alive Calcium + D3, gummies - 60 gummies

Nature's Plus Iron with Vitamin C & Herbs, High Potency, chewable Tablets - 90 count

VitaFusion Biotin, Extra Strength, 5000 mcg, Gummies, Natural Blueberry Flavor - 100 gummies

Olly Simply Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Luminous Lemon, Gummies - 70 gummies

Nature's Way Alive! Women's gummy vitamins fruit 130 Gummies

Nature Made Vitamin B-12, 1000 mcg, Tablets - 160 count bottle

I hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, Sleeve1stFitNext said:

oh damn. I do not take Vitamins anymore. I actually stopped. I get enough nutrients by how I have structured my diet now.

I took Calcium (Twice a Day), Iron (Twice A Day), Biotin (Twice a Day), Vitamin D3 (Twice a Day), Multivitamin (Twice a Day), B12 (Twice a Day):

Alive Calcium + D3,  gummies - 60 gummies

Nature's Plus Iron with  Vitamin C & Herbs, High Potency, chewable Tablets - 90 count

VitaFusion Biotin, Extra Strength, 5000 mcg, Gummies, Natural Blueberry Flavor - 100 gummies

Olly Simply Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Luminous Lemon, Gummies - 70 gummies

Nature's Way Alive! Women's  gummy vitamins fruit 130 Gummies

Nature Made Vitamin B-12, 1000 mcg, Tablets - 160 count bottle

I hope this helps.

:( Oh girl...I fear you are setting yourself up for a potentially hard fall. Maybe not so hard since you're sleeved, but if we didn't have issues fully absorbing stuff, I wouldn't say a word. We "think" we're getting all from our foods, but a big amount doesn't get fully absorbed. Just saying. Even with a sleeve not being a "malabsorptive process."

14 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

:( Oh girl...I fear you are setting yourself up for a potentially hard fall. Maybe not so hard since you're sleeved, but if we didn't have issues fully absorbing stuff, I wouldn't say a word. We "think" we're getting all from our foods, but a big amount doesn't get fully absorbed. Just saying. Even with a sleeve not being a "malabsorptive process."

I see my PCP once every 3 months because she is concerned about the same. However, every time she does test, I am in the normal range of all my vital nutrients. I currently do not have issues with malabsorption. However, I do drink the Karma Priobotic flavor Water once a week and I still drink Vitamin water for electrolytes.

My surgeon is concerned too but I am good whenever they check. It could be an anomaly. I just do my check-ins when I am supposed to. She told me that the moment she sees the levels getting low, she will put more pressure on me to take them again (Do not get me wrong she is like a nagging wife (no offense) now. I can only imagine how she will be then).

But what you don't understand is biology. :(

A Vitamin deficiency on a daily basis may not show up for years and once there, it's INIFINITELY difficult to correct (and expensive)!!

For instance: You may "think" your Calcium level looks great cuz your Ca is normal in your chemistry. BUT, serum calcium is tricky and the body is even trickier! The body likes homeostasis. If your serum calcium is low, then bada bing bada boom, let's grab some from this lovely full-bodied femur here. Or let's grab it from your iliac crest or teeth! Done! Calcium normal. Boom baby!

Oh, my hemoglobin and hematocrit are crazy beautiful! But here's the thing...it has very little to do with what's happening with what's happening with your red blood cells and hemoglobin, it's all about free circulating Iron (aka ferritin). For that you actually need a serum ferritin level. And people get to below 10 here ALL the live-long day and have a relatively normal hematocrit. By the time your hematocrit level starts to fall--you my friend are infusion bound and in deep doo doo.

There are others too. I could go on-and-on. But you can't argue with someone who is firmly believing in their own position. It's like trying to argue with crazy. You can't. There's no winning.

But I will just hide and watch for 5 years from now.

I have a VSG friend who was almost dead by the time she got to the ER cuz her iron was so low. She not only required bags of iron, but she also required blood transfusions. And I don't know about you, but with today's blood supply the way it is, I might as well be dead rather than accept blood from rando strangers. It's THAT scary larry.

But you do you. I'll do me. :) ((hugs))

Edited by FluffyChix

Here’s my list:

Iron 325mg 1 pill 4x a day
Calcium citrate 500mg 2 pills 4x a day
Zinc 50mg 1 pill 4x a day
Vitamin A 10000iu 3 softgels 4x a day
Vitamin D2 50000iu 1 softgel 1x a day
Vitamin D3 5000iu 1 softgel 1x a day
Vitamin B12 injection 1ml 1x a week
Multi Vitamin 2 gummies 1x a day
Biotin 10000iu 1 softgel 2x a day

Good times.

But what you don't understand is biology. [emoji20]
A Vitamin deficiency on a daily basis may not show up for years and once there, it's INIFINITELY difficult to correct (and expensive)!!
For instance: You may "think" your Calcium level looks great cuz your Ca is normal in your chemistry. BUT, serum calcium is tricky and the body is even trickier! The body likes homeostasis. If your serum calcium is low, then bada bing bada boom, let's grab some from this lovely full-bodied femur here. Or let's grab it from your iliac crest or teeth! Done! Calcium normal. Boom baby!
Oh, my hemoglobin and hematocrit are crazy beautiful! But here's the thing...it has very little to do with what's happening with what's happening with your red blood cells and hemoglobin, it's all about free circulating Iron (aka ferritin). For that you actually need a serum ferritin level. And people get to below 10 here ALL the live-long day and have a relatively normal hematocrit. By the time your hematocrit level starts to fall--you my friend are infusion bound and in deep doo doo.
There are others too. I could go on-and-on. But you can't argue with someone who is firmly believing in their own position. It's like trying to argue with crazy. You can't. There's no winning.
But I will just hide and watch for 5 years from now.
I have a VSG friend who was almost dead by the time she got to the ER cuz her iron was so low. She not only required bags of iron, but she also required blood transfusions. And I don't know about you, but with today's blood supply the way it is, I might as well be dead rather than accept blood from rando strangers. It's THAT scary larry.
But you do you. I'll do me. [emoji4] ((hugs))

Amen and hallelujah!

Thanks all for your advises and recommendations!

My confusion was not about arguing whether to take Vitamins or not! I am already taking vitamins and not planning by all means to compromise on any requirement!

I heard that there is a brand called “Fusion” specific for those who did Bariatric surgeries! My question does it have everything needed or shall I add more!

Sorry my earlier message was not clear!

yet thanks for the care reflected in all responses