Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rescuing T-Shirts from pre-op

I have a lot of comical Star Wars T-shirts. All sized 4xl and 5xl. I want to keep wearing them because they are funny and some stranger will always comment on it, like a sunset image of Chewbacca with a skateboard, Darth Vader swinging a lightsaber at a pinata, and a casual Friday of a storm strooper at a desk with a wall calendar with princess Leia on it. I have like 15 of them I collected.

Is there a place I can have them "professionally" resized smaller?

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

You could stop by the sewing department of your local craft supply store and see if they have any business cards of local people who do alterations.

You could also check Ebay for the same shirts in smaller sizes.

I would think it would be much cheaper to replace than to resize. That said you could turn them into a blanket I would think pretty easily.

@ wigo how is your "Save my t-shirts from Extinction" project going? Did you even find someone to reduce them in size? Might be more work than you want but you could cut the,motigs off and bond them to smaller shirts. If you have a sewing store with fabric or a craft store like Pat Catan here in Ohio they might be able to help.😁

@wigo check out project repat. They will take your old T-shirts and turn them into a quilt. Or if you are crafty (which I am not) it’s a project you could do yourself !

I'm just going to make mine all pajama shirts and if I get too many I'm probably going to make a blanket.

Think I'll order me a t shirt,that says VICTORY AND THE START OF A BRAND- NEW LIFE to wear home from OSU. As long as they,are taking to finally grant me a date I can have it shipped in instead of going to,my local T-shirt Shoppe. Then it can be the centerpiece of my post- surgical quilt,along with all the sport team and smart aleck ones I don't want anymore. Put in LL ( for LateLamented) Cinninnati Bengals jersey, although I sorta like the Reds, I am a Cleveland Browns/ Indians fan. Even have a Dante Lovelli Jersey. If you follow sports, you know how old that is, it and an Otto Graham are among my souvenirs. Could implement my,lady mother's Detroit Tigers one. Even in the middle of Ohio,that was HER team. Even watched Tom Selleck,for that reason. Well you know what would be in wjgo and,mine Project Repat quilts, what would be,in YOURS?

T-Shirts I am concerned about are Star Wars branded shirts $35 a piece, and sold very few places, I have never seen anyone wear a copy of any of my shirts, that is why I want to rescue them.

I put it on a back burner. But now I am fully 2 sizes smaller, and these shirts are like flags in the wind now, so I will be looking for a solution. The graphics are on the front, maybe I can move them to the back somehow.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app