Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - what causes you the biggest problem to get down?

What causes you the biggest problem to get down?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What causes you the biggest problem to get down?

• Soft bread
    • Toasted bread
    • Rice
    • Pasta
    • Banana
    • Tablets
    • Meat
    • Fish
    • Chicken
    • Potato
    • Lettuce
    • Corn
    • Tomato
    • Spicy food
    • Something else (specify in post)

White meat chicken gives me a problem if it's dry, but dark meat is always fine. Hard boiled eggs are also a problem for me. Now matter how much I chew, I just can't break them down enough to pass through the band. Surprisingly, I eat a lot of beef Jerky, which is as dry as dry can be, and it goes down fine. There's just something about that white meat chicken that makes it stick.

Right now I can eat anything I want. I am much happier, still losing, and not throwing up anymore. I am glad I had some fill taken out.

Not much causes me grief.

But inexplicably Soup often makes me very stuck and the other thing I've noticed is that if I eat crackers (water crackers generally) I cannot drink for at least an hour afterwards, I get very blocked.

Soft bread gives me problems, so I avoid it entirely. Surprisingly, cold foods like milk, ice cream, and yogurt give me problems, also. I only eat those rarely, and I have to go very slow when I do eat them.

I'm not quite properly filled yet (though I had a fill today so my story may change in the next few days...) and I find that I can eat almost anything as long as I chew well. (But I have admittedly avoided most meats.) I once slimed and vomited raw carrots bc I was very hungry and ate too fast while working on the computer / not paying attention. It was more the way I ate than the food itself. Blech.

The worse problem for me is tamales. No way to get them down. next on the list is scrambled eggs. I can tolerate fried eggs, but scrambled eggs will not work.

I was afraid of eggs as the pre-op dietician indicated they are hard for many bandsters to tolerate. I was looking for foods that would make me feel "full" and eggs did the trick.

mostly any of kind bread is impossible...

Tried eating steak the other day and it came up for a bow...

Sometimes eggs, bananas can be tough but as long as I take small bites it's no problem

I just got a fill today and i'm up to 7cc's in my VG 11 band, i'm curious to see what foods i'll still be able to tolerate.

:faint:

I am in bandster hell as you guys call it! I tolerated solid foods the first week after my surgery! I have more than 3 weeks to go before I can have my first fill!!! I am hungry all the time and I can eat pretty much anything. I refuse to give up even 1 pound I've lost so far!! It is going to be hard for me to not dive into that bag of Tostitos out there in the pantry!!!! Any advise????

GET THE TOSTITOS OUT OF THE HOUSE.

That is all the advise I have. If you have to open them up and spread them on the lawn do it. however it works for you to not eat them.

and Remember your stronger then those chips. YOU did the surgery! YOU made the commitment. I have faith YOU will do what is right for yourself.

I can't eat broccoli. When I tried to I was in so much pain I felt as though I couldn't breathe and I was never so happy to bring food back up in my life. I'm done with broccoli for a while.