Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So some months back i switched to weekly weight checks and have been very happy with decreased stress that the scale was giving me. My time is Saturday mornings and for the first time i am stressing about it and tonight i realized i was worried about my next milestone, dropping under 200. I dont expect to hit that till the last week of the month but for some reason going below 200 is making me anxious and i dont know if its cause i am afraid i wont or god forbid i am scared i will. Very odd emotions with this one.

Have certain milestones caused anyone else to feel more anxious than others? Still have so far to go to a healthy BMI dont see why this one is working me up. Hell maybe its just a down week.

Having never been a fan of Social Media i hate that i feel better just venting to you guys. LOL Thanks

Some people here call moving into the 1-hundred-and-something pounds, the One-derland.

I haven’t been anxious, but hope it breaks so you can embrace the achievement.

Edited by Biddynz

Definitely know what your talking about! There have always been break points that I would stall at or not get over when dieting in the past. Moving past those was a huge motivator and when I'm near one I really push to lose extra that week to blow past it. I also only weigh in once a week at a set time, that way I don't get discouraged or too excited

I feel anxious at my current weight because I don't remember anytime recent I was this size. So now I'm like, "what size pants am I? what size shirt? Do these fit? Do those shoes fit? I DON'T KNOW!" Different type of anxiety, but I still mentally feel bigger than I am. My ever changing sizes make me anxious, but happy xD

4 hours ago, frust8 said:

BiddyNZ,i just bet you metric folk feel just as happy when you go from triple digit to double digit kg.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Aaah yes indeed!! And the joy of being on THIS forum where I have to convert my kg weight each week or so to update - I got to do both!!!

Edited by Biddynz

2 hours ago, redhead_che said:

I feel anxious at my current weight because I don't remember anytime recent I was this size. So now I'm like, "what size pants am I? what size shirt? Do these fit? Do those shoes fit? I DON'T KNOW!" Different type of anxiety, but I still mentally feel bigger than I am. My ever changing sizes make me anxious, but happy xD

Thanks Red, I think you hit this one on the head. The weight from 215 to my max of 326 has been weight i had gained in the last 5 years and never felt like that was the me i was inside. However the 200-215 weight range was me for decades and i guess that is the internal me. Now as i move to a place i havent been in decades some part of me has grown much more afraid, of what i am not sure. I also feel bigger than i look. 7 months in and i still wear the same 3x t-shirts i did at 326 pounds. i had to buy new jeans cause they were falling to the floor on me but keep wearing those bagging shirts even tho my wife tells me they look terrible on me.

A physiatrist would have field day with my ass i am sure. Well nothing to do but Soldier on. Ok, that is the last of wallowing and self doubt you get from me. Time to move on to happier places and topics.

Thanks again and i hope everyone has great month and better future.