Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2017 sleevers

Can’t believe we are one year post-op!!! How have you been doing!!

This is so inspiring! I am going into surgery in just a few hours. Great to see others doing well a year later! [emoji173]️

Great job!!! I was sleeved on January 17, 2017. I am down 94 lbs. I am extremely happy that I decided to take this journey. It has not been easy but I know it was worth it. I just take it one day at a time. I have been on a stall for 3 months now. I am just watching what I eat. I still have 20 more pounds to go to hit me goal. Any suggestions? Would exercise help? If so what kind?

Great job!!! I was sleeved on January 17, 2017. I am down 94 lbs. I am extremely happy that I decided to take this journey. It has not been easy but I know it was worth it. I just take it one day at a time. I have been on a stall for 3 months now. I am just watching what I eat. I still have 20 more pounds to go to hit me goal. Any suggestions? Would exercise help? If so what kind?

Awesome!!! I have been in a stall for about 2 months myself. Im not sure what to do. I’ve increased cardio and weight training. It’s scary that I can eat more and my appetite has increased maybe due to the added exercise

Doing good here. Down about 85 pounds since surgery and about 120 since I started my WLS journey. Really wanted to hit 225 at the one year mark but didn't happen. Hoping with an upcoming job change that takes me away from a desk job to being more mobile that will help spark things again.

Got off to a rough start after surgery and the first month was hell, but pretty smooth sailing since then. It is hard to believe how quickly the past year has gone. Been a fun ride! :D

Doing good here. Down about 85 pounds since surgery and about 120 since I started my WLS journey. Really wanted to hit 225 at the one year mark but didn't happen. Hoping with an upcoming job change that takes me away from a desk job to being more mobile that will help spark things again.

Got off to a rough start after surgery and the first month was hell, but pretty smooth sailing since then. It is hard to believe how quickly the past year has gone. Been a fun ride! [emoji3]

Congrats to you. Keep up the good work. We will hit our goal.

6 hours ago, Sleeveforme2017 said:

I think the coming years are gonna be the hardest. The weight loss is slowing and the appetite is increasing. Let’s keep each other motivated!!

Yep. Head hunger is still my biggest battle that I fight. I really don't crave the bad things of old, but that habits of feeling like I need to eat (like as soon as I get home from work, late evening, etc) are still there.

I was a diet soda freak before surgery. Haven't had it since so that was a big acomplishment for me. Don't really miss Pasta and breads. I'll have a tiny bit every once in a blue moon but I'm actually happier without it in my diet. I eat so much chicken I fully expect to sprout feathers one of these days.

Yep. Head hunger is still my biggest battle that I fight. I really don't crave the bad things of old, but that habits of feeling like I need to eat (like as soon as I get home from work, late evening, etc) are still there.
I was a diet soda freak before surgery. Haven't had it since so that was a big acomplishment for me. Don't really miss Pasta and breads. I'll have a tiny bit every once in a blue moon but I'm actually happier without it in my diet. I eat so much chicken I fully expect to sprout feathers one of these days.

Yesss! This head hunger I’m glad to know it’s not just me. I feel like I need to be eating even if I’m not hungry. I’m sick of chicken lol.

Yesss! This head hunger I’m glad to know it’s not just me. I feel like I need to be eating even if I’m not hungry. I’m sick of chicken lol.

Head hunger is getting to me too! I have a desk job and I find myself wanting to snack all day. I wish I could get over this stall. I worry I may start to gain the weight back. As of now I do not drink enough fluids. Do you think taking in more fluids would help with weight loss start again? I feel since I am so close to goal it is just going to take more effort.

Head hunger is getting to me too! I have a desk job and I find myself wanting to snack all day. I wish I could get over this stall. I worry I may start to gain the weight back. As of now I do not drink enough fluids. Do you think taking in more fluids would help with weight loss start again? I feel since I am so close to goal it is just going to take more effort.

I’m in the same boat. These last 20lbs just don’t seem to wanna come off for nothing. Increasing your fluids may help to keep you from snacking as much.

Nothing really new to report on my end. Did the low carb thing again and didn't really see any changes. Back to the usual diet again. Don't think I'm going to see the scale move anytime soon unless I can get my not as big as it used to be ass back outside and walking on a regular basis. It's in the mid 30s today so feels like a heat wave! Hoping my upcoming job change will see me being more active again and help get things moving.