Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fought Denial and WON!

Got a great Christmas gift. Am so happy! On the second attempt I got approved for the excess arm skin removal surgery. Need to have the surgery sometime between today and March 20th. Now I need to do some more reading on here about how long of a recovery time, recovery tips and find out what compression garments I will need. Feel free to provide me with anything you think will help me get through this at my age 62.

arms.jpg..jpg

I didn't do anything, the surgeon did it all. When I asked why I was approved the second time I was told he wrote about the hygiene problems. I suffer from terrible rashes and irritations which causes the skin in my folded area to crack open. I guess mentioning that got them to approve of the surgery.

Brilliant start to the New Year .. Congratulations 😀

Congrats!

Had my presurgery consultation and a bit disapointed but know this is for my health. Was told the Dr WILL NOT go below my elbow for my excess skin arm surgery scheduled for Feb 12th. I was told that it was too dangerous for me to have the forearm done at the same time as the upper arm surgery due to my age and the amount of excess skin.. I have lost over 280 pounds and my upper arms measured 19 & 20 inches, forearms are 11 & 12, wrists are 7 & 8. Was told he would try to pull the skin tighter but not likely this will help the forearem skin. I asked if I paid for that surgery as insurance is covering upper arms surgery, would the Dr do it. Was told No it would be a health risk for me at my age, 62. None of the Doctors in this plastic surgery center have ever done forearm with upper arm surgery. Yet I need a vest with long sleeve support.

Did anyone have such severe excess skin on their forearm? Did you have both surgeries at the same time? I just ordered the vest with long sleeves. It wasn't easy to find it. I also found a $30.00 coupon so I am very happy for the discount.

Had my presurgery consultation and a bit disapointed but know this is for my health. Was told the Dr WILL NOT go below my elbow for my excess skin arm surgery scheduled for Feb 12th. I was told that it was too dangerous for me to have the forearm done at the same time as the upper arm surgery due to my age and the amount of excess skin.. I have lost over 280 pounds and my upper arms measured 19 & 20 inches, forearms are 11 & 12, wrists are 7 & 8. Was told he would try to pull the skin tighter but not likely this will help the forearem skin. I asked if I paid for that surgery as insurance is covering upper arms surgery, would the Dr do it. Was told No it would be a health risk for me at my age, 62. None of the Doctors in this plastic surgery center have ever done forearm with upper arm surgery. Yet I need a vest with long sleeve support.
Did anyone have such severe excess skin on their forearm? Did you have both surgeries at the same time? I just ordered the vest with long sleeves. It wasn't easy to find it. I also found a $30.00 coupon so I am very happy for the discount.

No I only had the upper arm ( plus back, Circumference Tummy, breast reduction and lift done over a 2 week period ) the arms are definitely the worst in my opinion because you don’t realise your over doing it and stretching the incision which makes the scar wider. I also had one of the stitches get caught and get infected in one of my arms but it was easily treated. They don’t want you to look mismatched either so do the upper and do everything they tell you to do. Heal fast and well and then go back for the lower arm.

A quick tip along with wearing the compression sleeves for as Long and often as you can put some surgical tape over them Long ways to help prevent the scar stretching once the stitches are out.

Good Luck your going to love it