Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I am being sleeved on 12/13 and my weight prior to my liquid diet was 243 night 5'4.5. I realize looking at before and after pictures many started at a higher weight then I am but I'd like to know what to expect with loose skin. I am 30 years old. My face is pretty full do you think my cheeks will be saggy? I know it sounds petty but I am inquisitive. I am so excited to change my life and have struggled with weight since before puberty so this is my chance to really make a difference. I am by nature a planner and rule follower so I have done so so so much research. Many nights watching YouTube videos of what to expect. Please let me know if you had a similar starting weight and if you think your journey differed much from the common consenses. Thanks so much in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

12 minutes ago, thatblondechick said:

Hello everyone. I am being sleeved on 12/13 and my weight prior to my liquid diet was 243 night 5'4.5. I realize looking at before and after pictures many started at a higher weight then I am but I'd like to know what to expect with loose skin. I am 30 years old. My face is pretty full do you think my cheeks will be saggy? I know it sounds petty but I am inquisitive. I am so excited to change my life and have struggled with weight since before puberty so this is my chance to really make a difference. I am by nature a planner and rule follower so I have done so so so much research. Many nights watching YouTube videos of what to expect. Please let me know if you had a similar starting weight and if you think your journey differed much from the common consensus. Thanks so much in advance.

Our stats are similar. But I was 45 when I had surgery. You will see many post on the loose skin issue. It will be an unknown outcome of your surgery. None of us know what it looks like until we hit goal. It's great that you youtubed and research It.

Very few are lucky that their skin bounces back, Much has to do with age and length of time you have been overweight.

All the lotions in the world do not get rid of loose skin. Weightlifting...the muscle will fill out the areas but it won't get rid of it.

Your choice is plastics to have it removed, Some insurance will cover if you have documented rashes or mobility issues due to loose skin. Self pay is expensive. Some packages in mexico are cheaper.

Our stats are similar. But I was 45 when I had surgery. You will see many post on the loose skin issue. It will be an unknown outcome of your surgery. None of us know what it looks like until we hit goal. It's great that you youtubed and research It.
Very few are lucky that their skin bounces back, Much has to do with age and length of time you have been overweight.
All the lotions in the world do not get rid of loose skin. Weightlifting...the muscle will fill out the areas but it won't get rid of it.
Your choice is plastics to have it removed, Some insurance will cover if you have documented rashes or mobility issues due to loose skin. Self pay is expensive. Some packages in mexico are cheaper.

I am sure everyone doesn't want loose skin... I know it's a hot topic and I feel very vain even mentioning it. But I've never had a 'nice body' but I can't wait to really prioritize my health and well being and if that means my body is more aesthetically pleasing then I'm game. Lol My mom has pretty nice skin but she's never been over 170 lbs so time will tell!

Thank you so much for responding btw. :)

repost

My bmi was 42? I think. I've lost almost 60 and already my tummy arms and ass are saggy And even my thighs are dropping I was told my chances to sag are less being black and young 26. But it didn't happen for me lol. Spanx are amazing

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

My bmi was 42? I think. I've lost almost 60 and already my tummy arms and ass are saggy And even my thighs are dropping I was told my chances to sag are less being black and young 26. But it didn't happen for me lol. Spanx are amazing

Well great job losing 60 lbs!! How long ago was your surgery?

Well great job losing 60 lbs!! How long ago was your surgery?

4th July this year.

And thank you ! I haven't updated my stats on here yet as my weight fluctuates by 2lbs. So when I lose 2 more I'll update my two lb heavier weight lol

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm having my surgery on Dec 22 and I'm 31, 5'6" 266. I'm hoping for a good outcome but honestly I'm just happy that I'll be thinner and healthier. I want to try working out so the effects will be less but I've been told it's mostly up to genetics. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery last December with exact stats as you except I am 22. No loose skin and I lost 65 lbs. I’m not at goal yet due to other circumstances but I lost a majority of my weight fast and still didn’t have loose skin.

I am 32 years old, had the sleeve done 10/21/16 with a starting weight of 256. I have lost 113lbs. I have some loose skin in my thighs and belly. But that is about it. I am still working on that. It just all depends on your skin and how you exercise!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery was 4/25/17 I've lost 75lbs. My legs, butt, titts and arms sag. My face isn't sagging but I've seen people with sagging faces.

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Stats very similar but I am older, I'm 46yrs old. I was 35 bmi, 5'4". HW 215, SW 205 on 11.1.16, ,CW 147. I have a little loose skin but really nothing crazy. I am trying to tone up myself what I can. But was definitely worth it to me. I am much healthier.

Sent from my VS990 using BariatricPal mobile app