Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery yesterday!

Hello everybody, I just had my surgery yesterday around 2:30pm. I could not stop throwing up all day and still throwing up when I have to take meds by mouth. Pain isn't too bad unless I throw up obviously. Did anyone experience the same thing? If so, how long did it last for you until you felt better and was able to drink stuff without it coming back up?,

Sent from my SM-N910V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi nellybelly! Congrats first of all. My first day I was throwing up and having dry heaves but they told me it was more likely from anesthesia and pain meds than surgery itself. They gave me nausea medication every 3 hours and when I went home I took it every 4 hours. Did they give you anything for nausea?

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

congratulations, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations on your surgery.

I had that starting late on day two and all of day 3. Took me a few tries to find the right combo I’d nausea and spasm meds to take. I’m on day 4 now and have been able to keep everything down. So scary, especially when you know there is nothing in there to come up. Took me a day to realize it was nausea that was getting me. It does get better. I tried several different drinks too. Also helped when I got in some diluted juice.< br>

Awe god bless you, thank goodness you are better now! I finally feel better today and it's day 2 for me! I am able to go home if I can keep my liquids down. Which I'm sure I can since I have taken my meds fine. I still get like hungry pains it feels like. Is that normal too?

Nellybelly04, I had my surgery the same day as you did. I had surgery before and I am always nauseated from anesthesia. I was lucky as I did not throw up but I tried to keep on top of the nausea and tried relaxation tools like meditation and visualization. I feel for you as I was so worried I was going to vomit. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as we are same day surgery buddies. It sounds like you have a very positive attitude which will serve you well.

Awe yay surgery buddies! I'm happy that you didn't get sick! That is awesome! I finally was feeling better around 7am. I got to eat around 2pm after I got my xray done to make sure there was no leakage. And everything went down so well. I'm just dealing with hunger pains right now since I have ate since Sunday night. But other than that, I'm doing really good! I hope you are doing good as well!! I will keep you in my prayers! Thank you again dwiana67!!!

17 hours ago, nellybelly04 said:

Hello everybody, I just had my surgery yesterday around 2:30pm. I could not stop throwing up all day and still throwing up when I have to take meds by mouth. Pain isn't too bad unless I throw up obviously. Did anyone experience the same thing? If so, how long did it last for you until you felt better and was able to drink stuff without it coming back up?,

I had surgery yesterday. My hospital put a a tiny nausia dot behind my ear.

They also gave me some iv cocktail to reduce nasia.

From a previous surgery, carpol-tunel, the coding in Tylenol 3 made me natious.

I have been hungry too and from what I have read from others, this will continue. Many individuals say this is real. Others say this is mind over matter. I am sure that this will be difficult until we can eat solid foods. It is very difficult not being able to chew and eat things we are used to eating. I am wanting everything I see others eating and on t.v. I am trying to stick to Netflix and remind myself in time I can eat regular food. I think it is just going to take time. At least that is what I am telling myself.

Yes I'm kind of going through the same thing! Haha. But then again somethings I smell that I used to like I get nauseous over smelling it! Haha. It's werid! But today (day 3) I'm feeling really good and not dealing with hunger pains , at least not yet! Haha.