Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm starting my 2nd week of my 1500 calorie diet and I weigh myself at the gym. Now when I weighed myself I had on a wet swimsuit and towel ( why idk why), but it saids I weigh more than I originally weigh. So I don't really like this diet idk if my liver is shrinking I think it is because I be really hungry sometimes. I'm just ready for the surgery anyone else have this pre-op diet?

Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

1,500 might be too many calories. I was on 1,200 calories and that seemed to work better for me. Also how you are using those calories matter. In order to shrink your liver you need Proteins and veggies. Fruits have slot of sugar and stay away from carbs as much as possible.

1,500 might be too many calories. I was on 1,200 calories and that seemed to work better for me. Also how you are using those calories matter. In order to shrink your liver you need Proteins and veggies. Fruits have slot of sugar and stay away from carbs as much as possible.

1500 instructed by surgeon I eat what I can when I can. I'm starting to not care to much and just probably either not gonna eat or continue to do what I'm already doing

Are you weighing yourself on the same scale, around the same time of day, with basically the same clothing every time? If not then your numbers could be off.
For example - The scale at my house and my NUT has a three pound difference.

Are you weighing yourself on the same scale, around the same time of day, with basically the same clothing every time? If not then your numbers could be off.
For example - The scale at my house and my NUT has a three pound difference.

No I don't weigh myself everyday. It was my first time in like two weeks prior to this new diet so that could be a factor

My surgeons office gave me 1500 calories a day but only because I do a hardcore workout 5x a week where I burn about 500-600 calories. Otherwise I would be on 1000-1200. I don't need to shrink my liver.

If you need to shrink your liver I'm a little surprised you're on 1500 calories and not on a liquid diet. However, different docs do things differently.

My surgeons office gave me 1500 calories a day but only because I do a hardcore workout 5x a week where I burn about 500-600 calories. Otherwise I would be on 1000-1200. I don't need to shrink my liver.

If you need to shrink your liver I'm a little surprised you're on 1500 calories and not on a liquid diet. However, different docs do things differently.

Everyone has to shrink their liver before the surgery. Everyone who has my surgeon has this diet so there really isn't no changing.

So I'm starting my 2nd week of my 1500 calorie diet and I weigh myself at the gym. Now when I weighed myself I had on a wet swimsuit and towel ( why idk why), but it saids I weigh more than I originally weigh. So I don't really like this diet idk if my liver is shrinking I think it is because I be really hungry sometimes. I'm just ready for the surgery anyone else have this pre-op diet?

Hey Tiff, I would recommend it to weigh yourself. There are no two scales perfectly the same. Just do what's been working and follow your doctor's advice. Everyone one here have different doctor's so I would go by what they are saying. If you doctor told you 1500 it could be because your working out in the gym a lot. Hang in there my sister.

Don't weigh yourself after working out...your muscles have expanded with blood flowing through... you would have to check the next day to get an accurate reading

I am having part of the same problem as you are. My doctor has me on a 1400 calorie diet and I am hungry all the time, too. I *am* losing weight but very slowly (though, I'm lucky because I wasn't required to lose weight, he just wanted me to "try" to lose 5 to 10 pounds before August 29th). But I feel you. It's hard to adjust down to lower calories, feeling hungry and it's frustrating when the scale goes up or doesn't move!

I am going to take this time to learn to curve cravings, myself. And learn what high Protein foods fill me up. eggs really help (not egg whites, but one whole egg) and salmon does a great job, too. I hope we can both get through this so we can get on to the next phase! Good luck!

Everyone has to shrink their liver before the surgery. Everyone who has my surgeon has this diet so there really isn't no changing.

Not everyone has to shrink their liver. I don't. It's all dependent on things like weight, length of time at weight, etc.