Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2017 Sleevers

This is a forum for folks sleeved june 2017 so we can support each other! Introduce yourselves!

Mich W

Hw 223, SW 217 CW 200 GW 135

Im Michelle
I was sleeved june 22. I'm down 23 lbs since preop diet. I haven't moved in a week but that will change soon! Im a 55 mom of 4 kids aged 13-20.

Mich W

Im so excited for today. I got the go ahead to start exercising so I joined the ymca. I have my first training appointment in an hour! I'm hoping this enhances my weight loss and helps me avoid some of the loose skin issues.

Mich W

My surgery was June 19. Good recovery--I was back at work in 2.5 weeks. I'm eating gentle real foods now and supplementing with at least 1 Protein shake/day. Around 400-500 calories/day. I have been on a weight plateau for about a week now after losing 25 since surgery.

One thing I have noticed is that while I have more energy throughout the day, once I get tired I hit the wall. It's good to be aware of this and take care of myself by getting enough rest.

And of course, when I hit the stall my inner tape recorder started up with "You are eating too much!" Hah! 500 calories of 95% protein? I think not! (That is my reply to the tape recorder).

I am so glad I did this. I'm 62 and I'll be retiring in a few years. It's so great to know that I will not retire as an invalid but as a healthy active person looking forward to the next thing.

AuntB- we are on the same page. I was too young to feel this old! I'm 55- when I have grand babies I want to have fun with them! I want to travel and run the globe when I'm retired! I actually have a goal in the back of my mind to do a causetrek and climb the inca challenge In Peru with Compassion International!
Im on a plateau but it will break soon.
I just finished my first workout with a trainer and it felt great! Small goals to strengthen my core and increase my cardio ability!

I too have that recording in my head until I look at my intake... I track every morsel on Spark People. That really helps.
Glad to meet you!

Mich W

Hey, fellow June sleepers! I'm Shari, and I'm a middle school English teacher. I'm 32 years old and 5'8" tall. I began my journey on August 12, 2016.

At my heaviest, which was 9 years ago, I was at 287. When I began my pre-op diet on May 18, 2017, I was 277 pounds. My surgery was at 7:00 am on June 1, 2017, at which point I weighed 264 pounds. As of today, I'm down 44 pounds.

HW - 287; SW - 277; CW - 234; GW - 150s

Welcome Shari! Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Mich W

I finally made it to Onederland! After a week stall I have lost 1.2 pounds to bring me down to 199.4!!!! Never going back!!!

Mich W

Just updated my signature!!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

Hey everyone! Sleeved June 8, down 29 lbs. The last 2 weeks have been slow going, but still moving in the right direction, so I'm not too worried.

Had a bad food day yesterday but pretty much maintained with 199.4 today and 199.2 yesterday. Back on track today though - my goal is to get my 64 oz of fluids in today as I haven't gotten that much yet - usually I hover around 48 oz but yesterday wasn't even 24 I don't think because I kept munching and was waiting to drink. Stupid!

Mich W

Sigh. I have been the same weight for 8 days now. I have a scale that weighs to 0.1 pounds and I am amazed that I can be the EXACT same three days in a row. At least I'm fluctuating 0.4 pounds or I would think my scale was broken! But like Dory I'll just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

is?CoHsRDnv43PAevW3rjJB4Hhf36l4xR4ZuJO3cnbVCaw&height=191

Yes Aunt B that was me last week then I beat it! Swim, swim, swim

Mich W