Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally had breast reduction surgery

Finally had my breast surgery after 1 cancellation because a biopsy had to be done, which took over 6 weeks to get approved. The biopsy was benign. Then I had to go through all the testing again. Plus I had to personally hand deliver every test result and clearance to the surgeon, because my PCP's office staff was not doing their job. I finally had my breast surgery on Monday June 26th at 1:30. I was home in my own bed by 8 pm. The Dr took 1400 grams from the left side and 1500 grams from the right side. His Nurse saw me on Tuesday to change the bandages and into a different bra. On Wednesday I saw the Dr again. Another change of bandages and back into the bra the hospital gave me. The Dr said I was healing well and don't need to be seen until Monday when they take off the bolsters from the FNG. I am in pain and itching as well. However I have meds I have been taking as directed. I do not have very much swelling just pain under the armpits to the front side. Tummy is making all kinds of noises but still haven't been able to move my bowels. Took Colace as directed before and after the surgery. Have been sleeping on my back with my nest of pillows around me. Maybe tomorrow my tummy will feel better.

Very glad to hear you have had the surgery finally. I know you were looking forward to it, and remember the biopsy scare. Here's to hoping your tummy feels better in the very near future!

Congrats on finally getting your procedure! You're not going to recognize yourself once you get healed up!!

Your tummy/intestines can take several days to fully wake up from the anesthesia. Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Your title made me smile!!! I'm sooo happy you finally had it! YAY!!! Now, on to a beautiful and blessed recovery. You will do well hon. Thank you for updating us. :)

Brava!!!!! I am so glad you're done it is a true blessing after all that work you put in. Sometimes being your own advocate works miracles. May you heal properly.

Thanks all for your kind words. I am just relaxing and taking things slowly. Will have more to post after the follow up on Monday. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I have plenty of books to read and DVD's to watch.

3 minutes ago, ssflbelle said:

I have plenty of books to read and DVD's to watch.

That is a weekend after my own heart! Enjoy them!!

On 6/29/2017 at 11:10 PM, ssflbelle said:

breast surgery -not much swelling- pain under the armpits to the front side

@ssflbelle aka Amanda

soooooo happy that things are finally going

your way with plastics- you have worked

very, very hard and long through this process.

taken you years to go through insurance

paperwork, labs again and again!! you have

so much determination!!!

182 lbs total pre-op -

92 pounds post op

holy moly

continue feeling better - more plastics

coming?? who loves you baby??:rolleyes:

i NEVER use the word....INSPIRATION -

on the board, but i'm making an exception for you!!

hugggggs

kathy

Thanks Kathy I appreciate your words of encouragement.

I had my 1 week follow up. The Dr removed the stitches holding down the nipple graft bandages. He was very gentle and I did feel a few tinglings as he was doing it as well a a few later tonight. He said that good was, I maybe didn't lose all sensitivity. He said the nipple graft looked good and what will be happening over the next few weeks. He had the nurse go through the daily cleansing and changing of bandages routine. They asked if I needed a nurse but I thought I would be able to do it without one. Besides it would probably be a very long drawn out procedure to get it approved. I have friends in the neighborhood I can ask, if I need help. They have been very helpful all along, with providing my roommate and I with meals, sending cards, flowers, DVD's and books and short visits.

I got a chance to look at the breasts and they look good to me. After I got home I took some measurements and based on now with the swelling and all, I think I will turn out to be a B cup. That is some different from where I acme from. I was told to cut back on the meds to 2 a day and so far tonight I am doing fine with the less meds. I was gone for about 3 hours and when I got home I fell asleep in the recliner for about 4 hours. A very much needed sleep as I had used the walker to go into the Doctor's office. Used the scooter to go into the drugstore to get some gauze and tape needed to do the daily cleansing routine. The store was much bigger and more spread out then the Doctor's office.

Will be going to the 4th of July celebration for about 2 hours tomorrow. It will be good to see all my neighbors and socialize for awhile. I see the Doctor again on July 10th. Will post more when that visit happens.

So glad things are going well! Your neighbors sound like keepers!

Had my 2nd week followup. Had 3 to 4 blue stitches removed from each breast. I didn't look so I don't know if those stitches came from the T locations or from the nipples. I have been having pain under the armpits despite icing it down 2 to 3 times a day. Was told to keep icing them down and continue with the cream and petroleum dressings changes daily. Finally tomorrow I am able to take a shower and wash my hair. Am looking forward to washing my hair. if I am not too tired tomorrow evening I plan to go play cards with my Lady friends. This will be the first activity since my surgery. Am trying to get my balance and walk a bit more despite the herniated discs I have. Balance is still going to be a problem because of all the excess skin I have around my middle. My middle is now bigger than my breasts but I am still working towards getting to my goal weight. Have another followup scheduled for July 17th.

So glad everything sounds like it's doing well!

I also put this as a status update as I am thrilled. So sorry if your reading it here again but I thought it was fantastic that 18 days after my 1st Excess skin removal surgery I walked 1/4 mile with the walker and had no back pain. This is the farthest I have walked in over 30 years without pain. Praise God! When the second excess skin removal surgery is done I may be able to walk without the walker. I have worked so very hard over the last few years to lose these 280 pounds and am so happy to see some positive results with my walking now that the weight and boobies are gone. Can hardly wait for the second procedure but I know I have to. Fall Season can't get here fast enough for me. Will continue to walk during the weekend and hopefully by next weekend maybe i could walk a mile. Today a visited with a friend in the community to the South of me. Tomorrow I plan to visit a friend 1/4 mile North of me. Sunday I plan to walk to the clubhouse. Am so enjoying this ability to walk. :):)

Oh how wonderful!! Yours is such an awe inspiring journey....success was within reach, and now you're riding that bull!

3rd week followup and I am doing so good the Dr doesn't want to see me again until Aug 14th. The FNG looks great and the mounds are being to take shape. After all the excess skin was removed the Dr said I had enough tissue to give me a nice B mound. Had three more stitches removed from the right breast. The swelling was down as well as the pain from last week's visit. Overall the Dr and I are very happy. I can finally sleep on my side, lift more than 5 pounds and ride my tricycle. So thrilled to be able to do those things again. The walking and bike riding will help get my strength back so maybe I can return to work on Aug 8th with just the walker and may not need the scooter any more. That would be fantastic to finally walk around the agency.