Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to work schedule suggestions

I get to go back to work starting Tuesday!! Super excited but feeling a little lost on how to eat/drink during the day.

I start at 7 and get off at 3:30. I have freedom to get up from my desk and get food, Water, bathroom breaks etc.. (my supervisor rocks)

when you went back to work how did you plan your schedule? I am probably over thinking this whole situation and feel anxious on making sure I get the required Protein, water and meals in.

TIA!! ~Angie

I went back to the office about a week after surgery. (I"m a desk jockey and only work in the office 2 days a week.) I packed a cold bag with Premier Protein shakes and crystal light type powders for my Water. And an Oikos Triple Zero yogurt. I can eat at my desk. I don't have access to a fridge or microwave. I do have cases of water at my disposal.

I had a shake on the way into work and brought my coffee with me. Then, sipped shakes through the day.

Now (at 9 months out), I bring a shake in the morning with my coffee. (I usually work from 8:30 - 4 eating at my desk). For a late morning snack, I'll have a Oikos Triple Zero. Then around 2, I'll have my lunch. For a later afternoon snack, I might have some cheese or almonds.

Best of luck

Thank you!!

I was thinking of the Protein on the way to work. They said I can try scrambled eggs etc...starting Monday (3weeks post-op). So I was thinking of a few different things starting Tuesday that way I have options "food wise"

Im a teacher who has a full schedule u til end of day...i also like to sleep as long as possible in the morning. I start my morning taking my multi Vitamin and omeprazole with applesauce. Hit the shower and get dressed to let those have 30 minutes to sit in my stomach. I drink my Protein Shake with 30 g. of Protein on the way to work...give that 30 minutes then start drinking my Water hitting it hard til my 30 minutes before lunch. I always change up lunch . Cottage cheese, Jello or pudding made with unfloavered Protein Powder, greek yogurt or a cream Soup with added protein powder. I also take my first dose of Calcium at lunch.. around 4 I have a snack...normally one of my unused choices from lunch and another round of calcium...then I have supper around 7 which may be a shake depending on my other choices made that day. The the last of my calcuim is also taken. I would then decide if I needed a before bed snack... I drank water non stop between meals as allowed. But I stopped drinking at 9 in the evening so I could go all night without having to get up to go to the bathroom. My favorite thing was to make pudding with premade shakes and two scoops of unflavored protein powder. I could get 5 (4oz) savings out of a regular box of pudding...they had 100 calories and 15 g. of protein and I could change up flavor combinations by changing pudding or flavor of shake I used.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I have a desk job. Went back after a week, a week ago. It was easy to pack shakes, broth, etc. When it came time to add in more food, my next phase, I was at a loss. I didn't plan very well and just took my phase one diet. I was hungry. Planning, what you're doing is gonna help. I finally took food today. It saved me. 😊

Edited by Newme17

When I was sleeved I worked 12 hour nights as a floor nurse.

My packed lunches in those early weeks consisted of foods such as cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, creamed cheddar & broccoli Soup, black Beans & sour cream, deviled eggs, and white chicken chili.

That sounds good. Thank you for sharing.

I had a Protein Shake before work, one at noon, and a small container of either Greek yogurt or Muuna cottage cheese in the afternoon. Don't forget to drink lots of Water and be gentle with yourself!