Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was excited a few days ago hearing my surgery date was moved up to May 23. A few days ago my father went into the hospital to have a lobectomy. He is now in ICU on life support.

They filmed him just out of surgery, barely unable to speak but he smiled and mentioned my surgery. I live out of state but hope he is still there on Wednesday when Im able to visit.

I'm so sad wondering if he will be around, concerned if he is suffering, right now they medicated him so he cannot move. He's up and down. It feels like a lot on my plate.

I feel heart heavy, that my personal happiness is also mixed with one of the most heartbreaking hurdles in my life.

Thinking of my father, praying for his health, hoping for the best. He would want me to be healthy.

I love you dad.

24 minutes ago, MBird said:

I was excited a few days ago hearing my surgery date was moved up to May 23. A few days ago my father went into the hospital to have a lobectomy. He is now in ICU on life support.

They filmed him just out of surgery, barely unable to speak but he smiled and mentioned my surgery. I live out of state but hope he is still there on Wednesday when Im able to visit.

I'm so sad wondering if he will be around, concerned if he is suffering, right now they medicated him so he cannot move. He's up and down. It feels like a lot on my plate.

I feel heart heavy, that my personal happiness is also mixed with one of the most heartbreaking hurdles in my life.

Thinking of my father, praying for his health, hoping for the best. He would want me to be healthy.

I love you dad.

@MBird I am so sorry praying that all goes well for your dad and your surgery. My heart aches for you.

@Mbird Such an eloquent post. I feel for you. I'll be thinking of you.

RNY 14 April 2017
SW: 295 lb / 134 kg
GW: 187 lb / 85 kg (I'll see when I get there)

Thank you for your kind words.

@MBird what a trying time, emotionally, I'm sorry to hear of your dad. I hope/pray that he fares well and you also hon. Blessings to you both.

@MBird, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and your family during this difficult time. Try to stay positive and have faith in the medical community that God will give them the knowledge and skill they need to bring your dad to complete recovery. Your surgery will be awesome and you will do wonderfully. Have a little faith.

I'm so sorry. Hang in there. Prayers.

@MBird, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and your family during this difficult time. Try to stay positive and have faith in the medical community that God will give them the knowledge and skill they need to bring your dad to complete recovery. Your surgery will be awesome and you will do wonderfully. Have a little faith.

Thank you so much for this. [emoji1317]

Sending good thoughts to you for your surgery and for your dads recovery.

Sending good thoughts to you for your surgery and for your dads recovery.

Thank you - they took him off life support yesterday slowly. He had his entire left lung taken out. We are all trying to remain positive and hopeful he can fight through it. He's a gentle soul.

Sending prayers for you and whole family from Scotland tonight. Have strength in your choices and your dads, he's in safe hands with the doctors.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes/prayers.

My father is now off life support. They took out his entire left lung. He's in so much pain and cried about it. He never cries. It breaks my heart. But I've hope, too.

He has to learn to breathe and do day to day things all over again.

Just a week and a half for me to go before surgery. I feel alone in this but hopeful he will live. And maybe live well.

Your prayers have helped, I've faith in that, so thank you very much. [emoji173]️[emoji254][emoji1317]

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes/prayers.

My father is now off life support. They took out his entire left lung. He's in so much pain and cried about it. He never cries. It breaks my heart. But I've hope, too.

He has to learn to breathe and do day to day things all over again.

Just a week and a half for me to go before surgery. I feel alone in this but hopeful he will live. And maybe live well.

Your prayers have helped, I've faith in that, so thank you very much. [emoji173]️[emoji254][emoji1317]

We lift up ur father in prayer for healing both physical and emotional...and for endurance...keeping u also in prayer so u will know ur never alone...we have u in community and God has u spiritually....hang on to ur hope for that is what keeps faith alive....with much love....in His Name...Amen

Update, my father has been diagnosed terminal after all he went through. Knowing he is happy with my own surgery and choice to have it, is such a huge comfort.

I'm also at peace with his diagnosis. My only concern is for his comfort now.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.

Update, my father has been diagnosed terminal after all he went through. Knowing he is happy with my own surgery and choice to have it, is such a huge comfort.

I'm also at peace with his diagnosis. My only concern is for his comfort now.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.

I'm so sorry.