Surgery Date April 27

10 posts in this topic

After what feels like forever, I have a surgery date of April 27 and I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. For the last week I have been eating small portions of lean Protein with steamed veggies and more Protein Shakes than I can stand.

Anybody else one week out?

I just found this forum but I am so excited to learn and share in each of your journeys.

Best wishes.

I have surgery on Monday 4/24. Good luck!!!

Just checking in on you Seattle WLS Newbie!
I hope your surgery was great and you're doing well.
You've got this!

Good luck! Mine was yesterday. Its rough (it was for me anyway) the first day. Just walk, walk walk and sip on whatever liquids they allow you. Day 2 is a thousand times better!

You've got this!

My surgery is also on the 27th

Hope it went well! Day 2 is much better for me.

You've got this!

Thanks! Surgery went well and I was pleasantly surprised I had no nausea!!! Back home now and struggling to get in fluids. Dealing with some serious gas pain. I've tried walking and gasx but am feeling minimal relief.

Thanks! Surgery went well and I was pleasantly surprised I had no nausea!!! Back home now and struggling to get in fluids. Dealing with some serious gas pain. I've tried walking and gasx but am feeling minimal relief.

I've been walking and would welcome more gas relief as well.
I go home on Sunday. So far I've tad a cup of ice chips and it's been an interesting feeling. I can't wait to be home in my own bed.

I've found that for me warm, slightly thicker liquids are the easiest to consume. I had a tiny decaf soy latte and it was the first thing I consumed without feeling pain from drinking it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Surgeons

1. David C Voellinger

Charlotte, NC 28105
      704-316-7760

2. Dmitri V. Baranov

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
      855-344-8555

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ydiva1

My surgery date is August 29, 2017. 😜😜😜😜😂😱.    So happy I could cry 😭 
      · 1 reply
      1. Hazeleyes1969

nice , just stay positive and things will go smooth.. good luck

• Thejeweledsleeve

7/26 - Worst day EVER!! My dog was hit by a car and his back leg paw is broken. My mom had him off of the lease and he was peeing on some grass near the curb. He was walking on the edge to come back around when he fell into the street and a driver clipped his back right leg. The driver didn't even stop. 
      He is okay and just requires surgery to get pins in his right ankle. He has surgery on 7/28 in the morning.
      I broke my Keto for the day. Anxious eating has always been my problem. I had Tostitos and salsa and just ate half a bag without realizing it. It took over an hour, however I still ate it. 
      7/27 - Got the price of how much this would cost. Over $5,000 for 3 nights stay, surgery, pins and painkillers. I cannot complain. It was funny to watch people look at me as I paid the medical bills up front. They were like, what does this young girl do and how much money does she make? I was looking at them like, I will pay anything for this dog. I just want to be able to take him home already. He is such a resilient dog though. He continues to try and get up although it hurts. I told him we will be twins (I have screws in my right ankle). 
      Kept to my keto today. Had beef chevy's for snacks. Sooo good. 

· 5 replies
      1. Sweet as peaches

Aww poor doggy paw. It that you in the picture holding him?

2. Thejeweledsleeve

No, that is my mommy. She felt so bad for letting him off of the leash and tried to climb into the cage with him. She would not even let me hold him.

3. Sweet as peaches

Oh that is such a beautiful picture poor baby looking and feeling hurt. Got a IV on him. I could just squeeze him, I hope that driver trips on his way out his car.

4. Newme17

Awwww.....I want him! He's so adorable. yay...you have the means to pay for your pet and that is awesome!!! I'm glad he'll be fine though. He's just so darn cute.

5. Thejeweledsleeve

Thank you. I do not think the driver was aware. The driver was more concerned with swerving to prevent colliding with another vehicle whom slammed their breaks. If they were aware and still continued to keep going, I hope he gets a really bad cold.

I mean I had to clean out one of my savings to do so but he is worth it. There is no price on the love and memories we have with this dog. He is not just a dog but he is apart of the family. He means as much to us as we mean to him. He goes everywhere we go, sleeps in bed with us, watches tv (he loves the big bang theory), he welcomes you home no matter what time it is with such excitement and stays with you when your sick. He is just not loyal when it comes to food. Whom ever feeds him some of their food is his best friend for the day lol.

• MOcatmom

Hi, all!  In April 2017 I learned I needed a hip replacement but could not find a surgeon to help me.  My BMI is too high making the risk of infection too significant for anyone to consider the procedure.  So, after being obese the vast majority of my life, here I am.  Time to face the demons.   
      One of my biggest concerns is failure.  My father and his sister both had gastric bypass surgery and both are larger now than before their procedures.  
      I need to lose (and keep off) 85 lbs to qualify for hip surgery.  I've lost 24 of it so far, pre-op.  Ideally I'd like to eventually get below 200 lbs.
      Surgery is scheduled for 8/7.  Today is day 4 of a two week clear liquid diet (which is much harder than expected).  
      · 1 reply
      1. OutsideMatchInside

I had a friend that had RNY and never got anywhere near goal and has regained about 1/3 of their loss. They had surgery before I did. I learned from all of their mistakes, and that helped me not make those mistakes and be successful. So think about what they did, what they did wrong and try not to follow in those foot steps.

The things I saw my friend do was, not follow the post-op food steps. Eat the same just smaller (that won't last with time), and fad diet instead of finding a sustainable way of eating for life.

• Nancy MBGC

I know that we are suppose to eat plain yogurt. How do you eat it? It's gross by itself. How do you make it more palatable?
      · 4 replies
      1. MSinger

I usually eat oikos triple zero yogurt. I like plain yogurt, just not enough to eat on a daily basis. The oikos is very filling and and tastes pretty good (minimal sweetener taste). If you're not too crazy about plain yogurt I'd recommend this one.

2. proudgrammy

sometimes i add one sweet 'n low and a few fresh blueberrie. yum yum - Kathy

3. Sherrie Scharbrough

I have added some vanilla (liquid) and some Splenda to it. You can also add some fruit too. Usually I eat Yoplait low fat.

4. Introversion

I've added stuff such as PB2 peanut butter powder, strawberries, blueberries, Torani sugar-free syrups, Equal packets, and so forth. Use your imagination and preferences to conjure up a compromise to make the yogurt more palatable.

• Nancy MBGC

I know that we are suppose to eat plain yogurt. How do you eat it? It's gross by itself. How do you make it more palatable?
      · 1 reply
      1. proudgrammy

silly head - double post from above!!!:wacko:LOL

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Smart Moves With Your Smart Phone

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Rene Norman, RD/LD
    2. Making Exercise Easier

Posted in: Fitness & Exercise
      Alex Brecher
    3. Bailey Bariatric Kitchen: Oven-Baked Tilapia

Rene Norman, RD/LD
    4. What are the reasons for regaining weight after bariatric surgery?

Posted in: Plateaus and Regain
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    5. Chia & Hemp Seeds - Are they worth the hype?

Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs