Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roux n y Not sleeve I am an elderly woman...dont know if it matters...have not been able to keep Anything down foam mucus and all.

Just want to go back two weeks and Run!! Revision?? ?Any advice? I can't believe I am in this spot thanks

Edited by pixiespin

Thank you for your response... went in Friday for 2liters saline. Tomorrow I will call again..without nourishment I don't see much hope...i only had 45 lbs to lose to begin with..feel kinda lost right now

I was 65 and did this., it has been 3 years and I had questions at first but NO regrets now.. I had trouble staying hydrated and had to eat from medicine cups.. give your body time to adjust! And don't eat the wrong foods or overeat.

Thank you! I am just learning to post answers so I apologize for the slow response. Yes...Just got approved for 7 visits of saline (feels better :). I am 68 and may need to go threw normal healing! Patience patience...

Hi all,
I am getting sleeved in July or August and have been looking into how things have worked out for us older ones. I am 65 and have all but 2 of my requirements and clearances. Only person who has any concerns is my cardiologist. Doesn't really like me having the surgery 2 hrs away from him in case of problems on table. The hospital for my bariatric doesn't really have a cardiac unit. They tell me they have done the surgery on people with my stats, but are going to call my cardiologist to see what all his concerns are. My dr. Would prefer it be done in Erie. So I guess we shall see. It is changing my outlook, however, and I don't like worrying about it. Of course my eating habits are affected also, and I have been doing so well with that. It's not totally out of hand yet, but I can see the slippery slope coming if all this isn't resolved soon. I just don't want to start all over, which really I shouldn't have to, since both hospitals are same company, just different towns, Erie being the bigger one worth everything there. They actually have taken very good care of me there on previous heart problems. Sorry so long winded. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm 46, so not quite the same, but I did have a harder time with RNY. I'm 5 weeks now, and it is getting better. I had the sleeve 7 years ago, and bounced back with no problem. This time I was in the hospital 4 nights, had to have 2 blood transfusions and 8 bags of potassium. I don't have any regrets for either surgery. High blood pressure was resolved within a week! Hang in there. I think it's a little tricky to begin with, but hopefully once you and your body adjust it will be just fine.