Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inverted T tummy tuck

I am having an Inverted T Tummy Tuck on April 21st. I'm very excited and extremely nervous. I'm 43 and a mother of five children. I have had three c sections, one on the pelvic line and two up and down the stomach. I'm overweight with it all being in my belly. I met up with my surgeon and agreed he could make me have a flat belly with a curve again. I have looked at numerous before and after pics and videos of stories. Do's and don't and care afterward. I would appreciate any advice. I have cut out all caffeine and chocolate. I have also started working out. I have had a previous back surgery so I am limited. I'm working mostly my arms and some excercises for the lovely back fat. ? I have added my current pic. It isn't pretty but it is real! Can't wait to have a waist again!

IMG_2651.JPG

Prepare yourself for a prolonged recovery. I swear the nips and tucks are rougher than the bariatrics!

You'll do great! Congrats!

Will you be having bariatric surgery after a TT or before?

Kate

im confused.... did you have WLS? I've never heard of having the TT first then WLS. I know i had to maintain my WL for a year before my PS would do it

If you're planning to lose more weight, I highly recommend putting off the Tummy Tuck until you're at, or at least close to your goal weight. If you do it now and then lose more later, your results won't be very good. I just had an invert T with lower body lift on Thursday, and I had been maintaining at goal for 6 months. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!

A TT should be done to tighten muscles and remove loose skin. You will be much happier with the end result if you are at goal weight and maintaining for a period of time.

You may want to check the reputation of any plastic surgeon that says he can remove fat, skin, tighten muscles and give you a waist before you are at goal. That's a lot of work to be done at once, not sure how safe that is.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!