Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven’t been good about documenting this journey. People make comments and I brush them off, mostly because the attention makes me feel awkward. I know I’ve lost weight, a lot of weight…. But I see myself daily so I TRULY don’t comprehend the magnitude of changes that my body has been through. I focus on the fact that I feel incredible, I’m happy, I’m not ashamed to run into one of my husband’s coworkers and everyone just think of me as the “fat wife”. When my 7 year old hugs me now he can clasp his hands together behind my back and squeeze me tight… that right there makes all of this worth it.

We have a formal ball coming up and this weekend I went and tried on some gowns, having no clue what size of dress I would even wear. Trying on a size 12 formal gown, and having it be LOOSE was something I wasn’t expecting. I looked in the mirror and a tidal wave of emotions went through me. The girl staring back at me isn’t the same girl in my head. I was trying on dresses that I never in a million years could have pulled off just 6 short months ago. It is mind boggling to think of how different life is now than it was before surgery in July 2016.

So, I’ve decided I need to start posting more and taking more pictures (thick thighs and all J )!!!!

Surgery: 7/27/16

SW: 283

CW: 194

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4913.JPG

Well you certainly have done well. You look fabulous, darling!

11 minutes ago, ebarclay said:

Do you have any issues with extra skin?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Not really no. My lower tummy right on the underwear line could be a bit more firm, but I wouldn't consider it loose skin. I carried my weight evenly and didn't have one specific area that was disproportionate to the rest of me. Thankfully the weight has come off of me the same way. When I started I was an 18/20, now I'm a 12, sometimes 10.

Those "thick legs" look like pure muscle!!!!! Gorgeous legs! Now tell yourself you have beautiful legs, please. [emoji4] congrats! I'm 18/20 now. Haven't had surgery. Hoping I don't have issue with skin, really I don't think I will. Your journey gives me so much hope!!! Thank you for sharing. [emoji120]?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches