Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is my big surgery day!! Im almost in a state of denial that this is all happening.

My husband is very supportive, yet asks me if im sure this is the right decision to make for myself & us. He thinks im fine the way I am. I feel, I need to loose this weight for myself & him as well as our family.

I want to live! I want a long healthy life! I dont want to live to eat. I know I have a passion for food, ive always loved food. Im an Italian girl who loves her food. I know this is going to be the BIGGEST game changer of my life and my family's life as well. I know im going to have to learn how to cook totally different than what Ive known my entire life. I feel like that may be a struggle for me. What if the temptations come in? Our big family get togethers, with the wide spreads of various , yummy , no good for you foods. How will I say no? Those are the things that come across my mind. How do some of you do this? Have some of you thought about how you will get past these temptations? How will your cooking change for your family? I'm thankful for this group. Im thankful that we can all share our struggles on here. Thank you for reading, and allowing me to be open with you all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

How exciting!!! I hope you can get some good rest/sleep tonight. I am new here and don't have much advice as of yet. But you are on your way to a new, healthier you and you ARE worth it! Stay connected, as I've heard it mentioned over and over, it'll help. Best wishes for 2017 and beyond!!!

Congratulations on tomorrow. I really feel like you will know what to do as soon as you HAVE to do it. Now that I'm just a few days way from surgery I can see where my family NEEDS to make changes. But I can't be the one to make them I guess. Even though I would love too. They are 20 and 18 and 12 and my hubby. Hubby will eat great but it's those dog gone kids! Lol I fear being one of "those" patients who lose weight and tell others they need to also. I don't wanna be like that but geesh it's SOOOOOOO hard! Lol

Amy☆☆☆

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I appreciate it! If you ever want to chat in the future and help each other. Feel free! We all need each other to get through this. Thanks again! Count down has begun! I have to be there at 8:30 am <3

Misty

I am new here as well. I had my surgery one month ago. I'm down 42 lbs, 18 before surgery, 22 after. Two days after the surgery I asked myself, "what did you just do?" But things got better and I'm happy. I am looking forward to the future as a much smaller person with lots of energy. I congratulate you on moving forward with your decision to change your life for a healthy new you. You got this.

I am new here as well. I had my surgery one month ago. I'm down 42 lbs, 18 before surgery, 22 after. Two days after the surgery I asked myself, "what did you just do?" But things got better and I'm happy. I am looking forward to the future as a much smaller person with lots of energy. I congratulate you on moving forward with your decision to change your life for a healthy new you. You got this.

What type of surgery did you have?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App