Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You can put it in just about anything. But more important is to realize that they are blowing sunshine up your skirt with their claims. They say 30 grams in a 15 gram serving. That is pure BS. So do with it what you will. Jut remember, you can't put two pounds of poop in a one pound bag.

Lololololol you count it as 15 grams too? I see alot of people actually do that

"We're On This Journey Together!"

@@cuteNATL I bought one can on the recommendation of my nutritionist. Then I started doing some research. So yes, I count it as 15 grams, but when it runs out, that will be the end of it. I have a bunch of Gold Standard Protein for shakes, and today I made my first batch of beef Jerky. I posted about it in the recipe section.

I need ideas of what I can put this GENEPRO Protein in...please help!

Can put it in your coffee, broths and Soups, stews... Wherever. It's a great source of Protein and very versatile.

Lololololol you count it as 15 grams too? I see alot of people actually do that

No need to do that. I mean, you can but you don't have to. The science is sound. Purified Protein is nothing new, and because they add a mixture of enzymes to increase the bio-availablity, it is equivalent to 30g and a great product. Sorry for the nerd talk, but I've been a biochemist and purifying & analyzing Proteins for a very long time. Their competitors have been going on youtube and bodybuilding forums to try to slander them. Apparently people believe them but doctors know, NUTS know, which is why they often suggest GENEPRO. I've been using it from the beginning as my main Protein supplement and my protein labs are perfect every time.

You can put it in just about anything. But more important is to realize that they are blowing sunshine up your skirt with their claims. They say 30 grams in a 15 gram serving. That is pure BS. So do with it what you will. Jut remember, you can't put two pounds of poop in a one pound bag.

From the GENEPRO website: "The combination of the Tri-Protein and the way it is processed along with the addition of protease enzymes, allows for the equivalent of a 30gram** (we haven't broken the laws of physics with getting a 15g weight to equal 30g in weight but with the absorbability/bioavailability value of GENEPRO Gen2 you are getting the equivalent of the same 30g serving size of regular whey protein) serving of Protein with only a 1 TBSP serving size."

They also recently published a Genepro Gen2 Clinical Study.

@@Alex Brecher Thank you for the link. I read through it once, and will do some more reading on it. This quote below was my introduction to GENEPRO science when I started looking into it after my nutritionist recommended it to me. It was written by a person claiming to be Brian Parks, the owner of GENEPRO.

"What makes Genepro so unique is that we are able to reduce the Protein molecule to half the size of normal Protein through a process called Electrophoresis. This is a reverse electrical polarity method of extracting pure protein. In essence we take protein molecules that, for reference, are the size of a baseball. We push these baseball sized protein molecules through a Polyacrylamide gel (the gel stays below 87 degrees F) and introduce electricity through the gel. This process removes hydrogen ions, allergens and any fillers or binders so we are able to then bind the protein with a strand of six amino acids called a Hexapeptide which stabilizes the molecular structure. This hexapeptide increases shelf life of the protein as well as balancing the bitter taste that is present with the protein after electrophoresis and actually gives the protein a slightly sweet undertone. The protein is pushed through a filtration system and into a centrifuge which results in a pure protein molecule that is now the size of a golf ball (for reference). You may not be able to fit 30 baseballs into a shoe box but you can fit 30 golf balls. Thus giving us the ability to get 30grams of protein in a 1TBS serving size."

The older term for this is "snake oil". I am not a scientist, but I do know that we do not possess the technoloy to compress molecules to "half their size" and keep them chemically the same. We can certainly remove parts of molecules to make them smaller, but then it ain't the same molecule anymore. Electrophoresis does indeed have the ability to separate molecules by size. It has no efficacy for changing the sizes of molecules.

There are several possible conclusions that can be drawn from this. One, this poster is not who he claims to be. Two, this poster does not understand the process he is trying to describe. Three, this poster is misrepresenting the facts. The content is consistent with what I read in other places though, so I am inclined to take it as their official policy.

Now we have the "as good as" double asterisk after the claim. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. When someone starts out with a shovel as large as the one used above, I am already skeptical.

You posted a clinical study. That is a start, but the sample size and the run time are very likely statistically insignificant. The number of variables here are incredible, with no real system for controls, at least according to what I read. Twenty people over six weeks isn't much of a sample, particularly when you consider how that sample was gathered and apparently monitored.

I googled Medfitrx, which is apparently the organization which conducted the study. They appear to be local to the Genepro people (not a huge issue) and appear to be, in their words, "Your one stop shop for diets, supplements, workouts and more that are designed by your genetics for you. # science." That is about as big a red flag as can be possible as far as I can tell. There are very official looking numbers, .gov, and other impressive terms sprinkled about the study pages, but it all looks just a teeny bit suspect to me. Then again, I am old enough to remember clinical studies sponsored by the tobacco companies that proved smoking cigarettes was not bad for you.

@@Sai My nutritionist recommended Genepro to me immediately following my surgery. She said it was great stuff. She liked it, the doctors liked it. So I went out and bought it. After all, they know. This is their profession. They went to school for this stuff, right?

I bought a can, brought it home, and started using it. Then I got to comparing scoop sizes with my other stuff. Then I started reading things like what I posted above. Then I had my next appointment with my nutritionist. So I asked her what her experience with Genepro was, exactly.

"We've been recommending it for a while. People really like it."

"Have you done any research, or is there any research concerning their claims?"

"Uh, I know the doctors really like it."

"How much reading and research do you think they may have done?"

She actually snorted in laughter and said, "Probably not much!"

Please keep in mind I was not trying to trap her, or back her into some sort of corner. I was honestly seeking information. I asked her open, non leading questions to start and these were the answers. So I got a little more detailed.

"Can you tell me how they can fit 30 grams into a 15 gram (ml) volume which has a weight of 4 grams?

"No."

Do you think the doctors can tell me?"

"I doubt it."

"Is there any research out there independent of their own claims and publications?"

"I am not sure."

This is the response from my nutritionist at my program. I have no idea how other nutritionists might respond because I have not interacted with them. However, when I take this experience into account with everything above, it all appears to be supported on a very shaky foundation.

There is plenty of anecdotal information from happy customers, but consensus does not equal fact. If people want to buy and consume this stuff, they have every right to do so. I am going to remain very skeptical until I see some solid, independent information that has been demonstrably gathered and sifted for reliability.

@@LittleBill Study the clinical trials about prohydrolase and how enzymes help Protein absorption and make it more bioavailable. The point is, it doesn't matter if you eat 100000 g Protein if the majority of it isn't absorbed or if they spike it with crap. Several top protein companies have been sued for protein spiking, GENEPRO has not been one of them. There are other companies like Nutricia where 2 T equal 15 g of hydrolyzed collagen protein and yet it has tons of other ingredients like Malic acid, Glycerin and a zillion other things plus the protein... Yet it's only 2T. It's far too simplistic to debate on purely a weight to weight argument concerning protein. The gist is the stability of the protein and bioavailability, and many other complex factors.

Having said that, as I stated above, I am a nerdy scientist, and my day job is consulting Protein purification (mainly column chromatography) and analysis techniques, and I don't want to work on Christmas hehe... So I will stop here concerning GENEPRO. Believe what you want. ^^ Have a great and fun day <3.

@@Alex Brecher Thank you for the clinical trial link! I wish I could be part of it. I've been thinking of sending this past year's lab reports to show my total protein, albumin results to them.

Believe what you want. ^^ Have a great and fun day <3.

And that's what it all comes down to, right? Believe what we want, based on the information available. You are telling me that GENEPRO is great because you do this stuff all day every day. The owner of GENEPRO claims it is great because he is shrinking molecules. My question now becomes, if what you are saying is accurate, then why isn't HE saying that? Why go on record with some fantastical claim? This is rhetorical of course. I do not expect you to work on Christmas, nor do I expect you to answer for someone else.

And with all due respect, your response does not address my experience with the staff at my own medical program. I guess I am just talking to the wrong people or asking the wrong questions. Or maybe I just got lucky and I have the only ones out there who aren't doing the same research you say I need to do to come to the conclusion you have drawn. In any event, I do not need to go read a bunch of studies so I can feel comfortable about a product I don't really need or want. And it is not important enough for me to argue about. So this will be all for me on this as well.

@@LittleBill I like your new hat :). Is it a Fedora? I want one. :P

Thank you. It is a Fedora - supposedly a genuine Panama hat, although it is made in Ecuador, so maybe not genuine at all. It is close. I have wanted one for years, but no one made a size 8. I have gone down a hat size, so this one works for me, and is even just a hair big at 7 7/8.

Thank you. It is a Fedora - supposedly a genuine Panama hat, although it is made in Ecuador, so maybe not genuine at all. It is close. I have wanted one for years, but no one made a size 8. I have gone down a hat size, so this one works for me, and is even just a hair big at 7 7/8.

It's so awesome. I really want one now. booo lol. You look great in it! :D