Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's everyone doing?!

Every who has had surgery already, how are you feeling?! How was your experience? And to everyone waiting for their surgeries, are you excited?! Hows pre op going? I'm assuming most have started by now and if not are you dreading starting like I was?! haha, i have 2 more sleeps till my surgery and I'm so ready for it to be over with!!!!

I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow and each day is a little better. Still get tired out easily but that could be because I can't get in all my Protein. Smells and tastes make me want to gag. I don't know what's up with the heightened senses but it kind of sucks lol I am down 15 lbs since surgery which makes it 50 lbs since 8/1

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

I am two days post op and doing okay so far. Incision pain is manageable with Tylenol, and not much gas as I have been sipping warm tea. My surgery was delayed because my potassium levels were low. I received two potassium drips, which hurt like hell, and then they retested and decided to move along. No rest in the hospital as they wake you every two hours to walk the floor. It was definitely beneficial in moving that gas and relieving some of the pain. Now onto my mushy/soft diet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I'm one day away from my surgery! So excited and terrified at the same time! But I'm so ready! Taking my before pics tonight. My bag is packed. Early check-in tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I wish everyone the best and can't wait to hear how everyone is doing on their journey. ????

@@OhHeyMarina so excited for you! Best of luck and keep us updated!

I am on day 7 of my liquid diet feeling a bit sad, scared, excited and so many more. I am not sure if it's due to stress or the lack of food and the fact that people at work are eating very smelly (yummy) foods around me :( felt hungry today for the first time. I am down 7lbs already and counting down the days!! Good luck to everyone

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by newbeing

I'm one week tomorrow. I can't believe I was crying this time last week freaking out. I think I have one incision that may need to be looked at. Still take pain pills although cut it back to one instead or two. I've been driving and Christmas shopping to walk. :). I do get tired too. I bought unflavoured Protein Powder that I mix in with my cream of something Soup (yes I strain it). That's 25 grams of Protein, add in a Premier Protein shake 30 grams and yogurt with Protein powder another 25 then anything else is extra. Down 10 lbs since surgery not sure if that's good average ??

Well I am home now, very weak but happy I am home, drinking is hard but I trying to do it, Ice chips and Popsicle are good Funniest part is my stomach is growling.... Go figure I want to eat but tried pudding and it was a struggle. walking resting and gas x strips are a must have. I have had an excellent recovery compared to my room mate at the hospital and a few others... They could not get out of bed , many did not even realize where they were. Worried about feeling hungry taking it 1 step at a time

Just remember we can do this We have all come so far. JUST WALK as much as you can try to take the Tylenol only makes it easier when you get home after swallow test order everything on the clear menu NOTHING TASTES RIGHT. I liked the chicken broth, cherry Jello. Nothing else tasted good warm Water nothing cold really hurt heartburn WOW no JOKE! I thought I had it before I WAS WRONG. Glad I am on my way to healthy wish I did not feel so hungry

@@Military Ma now that you are home are you full fluids vs clear? Strained cream Soup with unsweetened Protein powder is my fav. Also when I first tried pudding or yogurt(with Protein powder) it hurt I think cuz it was too thick so I added soy milk to make it thinner. Worked awesome. Fortunately nothing tastes bad to me ... yet lol is that a good thing or bad! :) straight Water I find hurts my tummy a bit not sure why. If I add crystal light or juice it's much better.

3 days post op and getting fluids in is a struggle. Practice sipping now :(

Edited by Madisonsmom22

@@Military Ma now that you are home are you full fluids vs clear? Strained cream Soup with unsweetened Protein Powder is my fav. Also when I first tried pudding or yogurt(with Protein powder) it hurt I think cuz it was too thick so I added soy milk to make it thinner. Worked awesome. Fortunately nothing tastes bad to me ... yet lol is that a good thing or bad! :) straight Water I find hurts my tummy a bit not sure why. If I add crystal light or juice it's much better.

Thank you for the suggestion I find that I am gulping Water causing my tummy to hurt .... have almost thrown up 2 times , I know they say no straw but that is the only way I can take small sips. I tried adding mild ( fairlife) to my yogurt and it helped Thanks ! Its so amazing to have this extra support right now! Thank you all

3 days post op and getting fluids in is a struggle. Practice sipping now :(

I have literally made snow cones I have blended up ice in a measuring cup used Crystal light or koolaid and Water . Then spoon feed myself. Its easier to get the fluids in for me I live in the bathroom but its a start.

Replying to #1 Post on 12/14/2016 - "Every who has had surgery already, how are you feeling?! How was your experience? And to everyone waiting for their surgeries, are you excited?! Hows pre op going? I'm assuming most have started by now and if not are you dreading starting like I was?! haha, i have 2 more sleeps till my surgery and I'm so ready for it to be over with!!!!"

I am doing good, other than not sleeping much (cat napping all weekend - not one ounce of REM sleep since Thursday night) but I am sure that is expected with the excitement of anticipation of my surgery tomorrow. I have already lost 11 ;bs with this clear liquid diet that I have been on for 3 days (pre op), I'm already feeling like a better me - working towards the best me! :)

I haven't packed my bag yet, but I have everything I need, just need to put it in the bag for the hospital. I am single, and was concerned about coming home from surgery alone, so I will also be packing a back to take with me when I leave the hospital because I will be staying at my daughter's home until I feel comfortable bringing my new tummy home. :)

I essentially have purchased everything I need, the Protein isolate, (I am not doing the whey, I am doing the P Protein Isolate powder because of being lactose intolerant. I bought the Biotin tabs for hair loss prevention & support, the Vitamins, the protein waters, gas tabs, chapstick, and other items. I picked up my prescriptions from the pharmacy already, and waiting to head to the hospital in the morning. i plan to do my BEFORE photos tonight & my final pre surgery weigh in, and if I can figure out how to save info on this website, I will update my profile.

I plan on taking it easy today, and just continuing to drink drink drink these Clear Liquids up until bedtime tonight. . I am super excited, I am the "glass have full" kind of lady, and I always look for the positives, in life, and not put emphasis or focus on the negatives. I look for the lessons to be learned from them, and how I can turn them into positives, you know LEMONS into LEMONADE. I am sure we all have had or will have some concerns about this life altering decision we have made, and procedure we have had or are about to have, and I hope that we won't let the negative thoughts rob us of the positive impact this will have in & on our lives. We all want and need something better, or we wouldn't have made the choice to do this. I hope we can continue to glean from each others post all of the wisdom shared by those who have already had their procedures, knowledge that we have, and real life testimonies about our day to day successes. I know there may be some pain and discomfort (that is true with any surgery), I know that this new tummy & new lifestyle will require some getting used to, but I a more than confident that WE CAN DO THIS!!! so let's take the bull by the horns and ride on to victory!!! (and NO I have not been drinking - alcohol, LOL) just super excited for all of us!!!!

have a great day!

Happy Weight Losing Everyone!!!

post-308387-0-42289500-1482063823_thumb.jpg

post-308387-0-99565800-1482063849_thumb.jpg

post-308387-0-60742800-1482063862_thumb.jpg

that should be glass half full (1/2) not have full... darn type o....