Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You eat what you can eat while they eat what they can eat. Isn't the more important thing that you are spending time together as a family?

One of my priorities when I started this journey in March was not making food be the defining factor for everything in my life. As weird as it sounds, that applies to meals as well. Let the fellowship be the defining factor. The food is just the fuel being consumed...

Good luck!

I admit I am crabby...I have minimal patience...I'm drinking all Protein liquids for 1 week pre op and my kids were complaining about dinner. I was like "I don't care....eat it, because I REALLY don't care!" I don't necessarily eat with them...my kids are 13 and 15. I'm hungry and it's hard...it's really hard.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I'm wondering how do you guys handle feeding your family as you are on the liquid or soft food diet? How do u stay away from the food you feed them?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you pre-op? I have struggled with food aversion and low appetite so much since my surgery the thought of eating what they are eating makes me ill. I know I would throw it right back up. My sleeve, even almost 6 weeks out, is very tiny. My husband does most of the cooking and my kids are too old to complain about anything, so often I just go to my room so I don't even have to smell it. I know some people are chomping at the bit to eat but I wasn't, I am still taking it slow and couldn't just chow down on whatever even if I wanted to.

I've been thinking about the same thing. My kiddos are younger,K we basically ned a new normal. I was thinking of starting early and making gradual changes, but if I knew where to start, I definitely wouldn't be here.

PRAYERS and Determination also,

THE WILL TO REACH MY GOAL IS WHAT HELPS ME

Cause I was tired of being tired of being Obese plus hearing that from Doctors, as if I didn't already know that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on 12/7. Tonight was the first time I had to feed my kids. It was very difficult for me. All 6 of my kids at home are disabled, and 2 need help with eating. Givi g bites of mealtoaf and mashed potatoes about did me in! But I made it through. One day at a time. Have my sights on full liquids next week.

Sent from my SM-G928P using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on 12/7. Tonight was the first time I had to feed my kids. It was very difficult for me. All 6 of my kids at home are disabled, and 2 need help with eating. Givi g bites of mealtoaf and mashed potatoes about did me in! But I made it through. One day at a time. Have my sights on full liquids next week.

Sent from my SM-G928P using the BariatricPal App

God bless you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

For the first month, I didn't care about food, so it didn't matter. Now, I only cook what I can eat. Healthy meals for all!

My husband often goes out to eat with his work team, so if he wants a splurge he can do it then. For dinner, we're all having mashed cauliflower and grilled salmon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I make my hubby his favorite meals and I eat what I can from them. Since I have no hunger, it's not a problem for me. I have my own Protein rich food in the fridge if I can't eat any of he is having. I bought him candy for Halloween on my pre-op diet and had no problems when he was eating them next to me. I have made a desicion to do this and I'm serious about it.

I love baking so everyone in my circle are getting pies, cakes and ginger bread Cookies. I'm so happy xmas is coming so I have a good excuse to feed people :-D

Nilla

I'm worried about this too, because I'm a taster. I taste everything I give them. But I am 50 years old. I am an older mom in my group and I want to be around for my kids! My hubby and I will be retirement age when the boys graduate HS/college. I want to see them be married and have children of their own. So that is my motivation, my desire, my hopes for the future.

This is temporary. Prayers for you and your new life!

I am hoping for a surgery date in late Jan early Feb. I'm vlogging on You Tube as 50 year old me. Come check out my journey. I'm hoping to be an encouragement/prayer partner <3

I tell myself mind over matter since my two week liquid pre op diet I have baked cakes home cooked every meal anywhere from meatloaf mashed potatoes gravy and corn to home made beef veggie Soup home made pot pie. U name it. I sit at the table with my family like tonight I ate cottage cheese while they ate they're dinner. I tell myself I was the one who decided this surgery not them and I can't punish them for it. This weekend I baked Cookies with my kids for xmas Cookies just bc I'm not eating them doesn't mean it's not an important time of the year for my family. They look forward to this. Do I really want them well heck yea. But I know I want to be healthy even more. Just write a list of all the things u want to do when u loose weight this is what I do and when I crave or want the bad things I look at that list which I hang on my fridge for reminders. I have not cheated once during pre op diet or since surgery on 11/22 and I'm down 40 lbs since pre op diet. Best of luck to u and keep ur chin up it gets easier.

My surgery is scheduled for 1/11. I've been stashing freezer meals for my family for after surgery so I don't have to worry too much about them. All of the work is done, they just need to be put in the oven or crock pot and served.