Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquids - feel like crap

Started liquids Monday, surgery is 12/20. I feel like crap! Tired, stomach cramps.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is 12/20 also! I started my liquid diet Tuesday. So far I've been doing good but I've been trying to make sure I get 4oz of Protein ever hour and drinking Water in between. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is scheduled for the 20th also. Can I ask what Protein drinks they have you guys on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Mine is called New Direction.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I was told to use Premier Protein. It's actually not bad if you drink it cold ????. My surgery is on the 20th and I'm going back and forth on going thru with it. I'm scared, I have seen a number of people fail with gastric bypass. I'm doing the sleeve and still feel like I don't know enough about it.

My Dr. has two weeks of low carb (less than 30 grams a day), and while I am not perfect at it, I have lost 6 pounds in 10 days. Then it is one day of Clear Liquids before surgery.

I am also cutting caffeine. I have tapered off and made it thru the worst of the days, but I am sure missing it-but not missing the 'addiction' of it.

Sleeve set for the 14th!

Every day I question if I'm going the right thing!!

I felt the same. I started the 5th. My surgery is the 12th. I felt like this, this morning but actually now...I don't feel too bad. Before my stomach was burning, bad headaches. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

PLEASE BELIEVE ME - I questioned that up until the time I was in the hospital, in my gown, and was given something to 'calm me down' before being wheeled to the OR.

I literally thought of leaving!

The rollercoaster of emotions was insane!

The liquid diet sucked because I was starving and watching everyone else around me able to eat. That messed with me a little.

I'm 4 days out and I could punch myself in the beak for thinking those things!!!

This is the BEST thing I've ever done and I'd absolutely recommend this surgery as well as do it ALL over again!!

Hang in there and baby step it!!!

Stay strong and get as much support and inspiration that you can!

You're going to be ok!!!!

My surgery is scheduled for the 20th also. Can I ask what Protein drinks they have you guys on?

My doctor doesn't have me on any one thing. I'm drinking the Premier Protein, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder (unflavored to add to whatever) and health wise powder drinks.

Edited by Faith16

My doctor doesn't have me on any one thing. I'm drinking the Premier Protein, unjury powder (unflavored to add to whatever) and health wise power drinks.

What are power drinks?

PLEASE BELIEVE ME - I questioned that up until the time I was in the hospital, in my gown, and was given something to 'calm me down' before being wheeled to the OR.

I literally thought of leaving!

The rollercoaster of emotions was insane!

The liquid diet sucked because I was starving and watching everyone else around me able to eat. That messed with me a little.

I'm 4 days out and I could punch myself in the beak for thinking those things!!!

This is the BEST thing I've ever done and I'd absolutely recommend this surgery as well as do it ALL over again!!

Hang in there and baby step it!!!

Stay strong and get as much support and inspiration that you can!

You're going to be ok!!!!

How was the surgery? I'm scared of the pain of having 80% of my stomach removed. I have a child and am hoping to be able to take care of him within a few days after the surgery. I'm also afraid of failing. I've seen it happen so it's hard for me to want to tell people that in having this done.

My doctor doesn't have me on any one thing. I'm drinking the Premier Protein, unjury powder (unflavored to add to whatever) and health wise power drinks.

What are power drinks?

Oops, it's supposed to say health wise powder drinks. Lol

I have actually started interviewing people who I knew who had both Gastric and Sleeve and they were all good with sharing with me the good, bad and ugly. But the one thing I asked after the interview was "Was it worth it?" and they all said YES! One even gained like 50lbs back a few years after her Gastric Bypass. But now she's taking the steps to lose it again by changing her daily lifestyle habits.

Check out the local support groups if u need to. I keep getting people telling me I'm not "that big"... but I know my struggles. You have to do what's right for you.