Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protien shake recommendations...Please

I have a protien shake that I don't really like. I am addicted to the Walmart brand slim fast (they are so awsome and better than slim fast) but they don't have much protien. Does anyone know of a protien powder that doesn't have a taste that I could add to these? Or, any suggestions on "good tasting" protien shakes would be a big help. I have tried to doctor my current shakes up with fruit but they still taste like crap. Thanks in advance.

1 small banana, 1 cup 1% milk, 2 TBS Simpley Jif peanutbutter, 1 scoop vanilla whey Protein. You can use chocolate, also. Taste great to me. About 500 calories. Low fat. Over 20 grms of protein. A serving of fruit.< /p>

It will stick with you for hours. I drink one before swimming. It's the only thing that holds me thru exersize.

I use GeniSoy and GNC's Vegefuel. They have 25 and 30 g of Protein, respectively, are non-fat, low in carboh. and calories, have no taste and are easily disolved when stirred with a fork, so no shaking or blending, and no lumps either. The are made from soy, so make sure you are not allergic if you want to try them! :car:

Hi Mbanhja!

When I was going through my pre-op, the nutritionist told me to get "instant dry milk" and add a serving of dry powder to any drink or pudding or smoothie. It has about 8 grams of Protein and no bad taste to milk and Carnation Instant Breakfast. If you like the Walmart shakes, just add a serving ( 2 1/2 tblsp ) to the drink and whip it up in the blender. I was also turned on to BeneProtein. Same people that make BeneFiber. I have used that too, but I had to order it on line because no one carries it. It has about the same gram weight as the dry milk. Sometimes I make my drink up and put it in the freezer until I'm ready to go to work and it's icy cold when I get here. Hopes this helps. Keep upi the good work!!! I love to read everyones suggestions!

Res883 :ranger:

If you like the Slimfast ones, try Atkins Advantage...I love them. They have 15g Protein, 160 cals, 9 fat grams, 5 carbs and one gram of sugar. They have chocolate, and strawberry and vanilla and a double chocolate one too. I get mine a Sam's Club or Walmart (cheaper at Sam's).

Try myoplex...its already mixed the packs come with 4 "to go" containers. One container has 42g of Protein, plus they also have the powder mix. the only flavor i dont like is Cookies and cream..try them though i take them to work( im a teacher) its great it has a twist off cap too..lol (no way to drink a whole one at once)

I have learned from my doc that the body can use only 20g of Protein at a time so you need 20g 3times a day. I found Unjury chocolate with skim milk and 1t of low sugar Peanut Butter and 1/2 banana in a blender made a delicious shake. I always added 8-10 ice cubes to the heavy duty blender and had a frosty. ...about 380 calories or less.

Unjury also has a chicken Soup protein mix. 100 calories ...no carbs...no sugar. ...tastes great. You can order online.

Hi,

I have a Protein shake that I really enjoy. I mix it with 8 oz skim milk and 3 ice cubes, put it in my magic bullet and voila.... tastes just like a chocolate milkshake with 27 grams of Protein and only 210 calories and less than 5 carbs.

It is called Essential Protein by Iron-Tek (100% pure whey). I use the chocolate.< /p>

I use Ispoure ( 50g) with 12 oz skim milk (12g) for a total of 62 grams. I divide it into 3 4 oz oz servings. I stick with vanilla flavor. The three small servings has just the amount of Protein that you need for the day. My doctor told me 60-75g of protein was needed per day.