Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not feeling sleeved at all

I'm 10 days out from gastric sleeve surgery and I've lost nine pounds. I was supposed to do full liquid diet until this Friday, but after seeing my doctor for the first follow appt they gave me clearance to start with food. I was very nervous to try food since I've been on liquids for a little more than three weeks now. Problem is when I tried eating I had absolutely NO PROBLEM. I then waited 45 minutes after eating and drank a 32oz bottle of Water with NO PROBLEM. I really have had none of the issues with liquids that others on this forum have had after surgery from broth to Protein shakes. I chewed my food a bunch of times just like you're supposed to and no problem. Should I be feeling weird about this? I actually was hoping that it would take some of the will power aspect out of this by getting the surgery. Problem is I feel I feel like I can eat whatever I want which isn't good. Mind you, I just had a half a can of chili (which was on the handout from the doc) but it went down easy like I've never had surgery in the first place. Has this happened to anyone else?

Well I definitely couldn't have eaten a half can of chili, but I had no problem drinking. I can basically gulp Water since just a few days out.

As long as you're staying within your diet and not consuming too many calories/carbs/etc then I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone is different.

I have pretty much the same feeling. No problems with anything so far. Eating very small portions as recommended, but haven't felt full at all...

But I know I was sleeved because I've never had GERD previously!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 10/26/16 but I don't really feel like I was either. I have had to stay on liquids for 3 weeks post op, it's part of my Dr's plan but I feel hungry all of the time. I was hoping for a break from that. I know everybody is different.

Your are singing my song. I was sleeved on 11/01 and able to drink anything and as much as I wanted. My doctor cleared me to foods also on day nine. I learned that we are always supposed to measure and weigh our 4 ounces per meal and eat that. Sometimes you will feel fuller before finishing in which case of course stop eating. I feel the same way. I wonder if your Dr used a larger sized bougie and maybe you have a slightly larger sleeve. My Dr used a 40f which is on the larger size. No worries though all the science shows that we lose as much if not more than our smaller bougie counterparts. I also can eat half a large size Wendy's chili. I think that is because it's in a liquid base. Liquids will go right through our sleeve. It's more dense Protein that will sit against the pyloric valve and cause fullness. I'm hoping their are people like us who have been successful in their weight loss. If you hear of any keep me posted.

Think about it. When they sawed off half our stomachs and stapled things back together, nerves were cut. So until those heal, feeling is going to be a bit wonkey, if you're feeling anything at all.

To prevent the possibility of literally busting a gut, MEASURE your food and stop when finished. It's a good habit to get into, anyway.

Remember, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I think it's mostly because the swelling has not gone down yet. Once it does you will for sure feel the restriction!

I had my sleeve on Nov 9 and I can definitely tell I had the sleeve done. I've never had acid reflux before and now I have it all the time. I get the full sensation with the Protein shakes definitely and I can only drink like 4 Oz at a time. Is that normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App