Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 pounds loss after 1 week

I only lost 2 pounds since surgery on 11/3.

I get it ---maybe I lost inches, maybe I'm still trying to eliminate Fluid from surgery, maybe the body is in shock, etc.

But it still doesn't stop the frustration. I used to be ruled by a scale. It dictated my daily life. I don't want to slip back into that mindset.

Just ranting

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yeh, I feel you...I haven't moved much since the initial 18-20 lbs I lost in pre surgery diet. I'm trying to stay away from the scale and I saw my NUT who tweaked some things around and gave me some new tips that is hopefully helping

That might be an idea for you perhaps but stall is apparently common after surgery from what many have said here

Hang in therr

True. I dropped weight in not the healthiest way to get to the bariatric surgery center's goal for surgery.

They were threatening cancellation unless I lost 4 pounds so I barely ate, drank Water until I thought I could drink no more, took laxatives, and exercised far too much in a week's time to make goal. It was bad.

I think my body is pretty pissed at me.

Edited by StephanieS0208

Stay off the scale.....if you are already frustrated, getting on the scale will not be a good experience for you.

For all the reasons you listed, the first week or two you play catch up. there will be many many times you step on it and it doesnt move. Especially if you weight daily.

I was a daily weigher and literally had to tell myself not to get upset if it did not move or went in the wrong direction. That happened so often and still does. I finally switched to weighing once every two weeks or so.

I had surgery Wednesday and I haven't been on a scale ..going to at my follow up visit..don't own one at home..so I'm anxious to see what my lost will be..hard taking the Protein shakes now I loved them for preop but now taste more like chalk..ughhh but I'm trying.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

The scale goes up and down like it's possessed. Ignore it, like you would ignore a crazy person on the subway. haha, just avert your eyes and pretend its not there.

The scale goes up and down like it's possessed. Ignore it, like you would ignore a crazy person on the subway. haha, just avert your eyes and pretend its not there.

That's what I have to do. Otherwise, I'll lose my mind.

Sometimes, it can really help if you only weigh when you see your Dr. It can help keep your sanity for sure!! I am 3 years out from my RNY and I hate hate the scale!! I have always hated to weigh in fact I have cancelled Dr appointments due to having to weigh!! Even now I weigh 125#'s and I dread weighing even at home!! It is no difference than when I weighed 285#'s. I just stress so much!! But...I have the right to not weigh when I go to the Dr. I feel like I'm not sick I don't need medication so I AM NOT WEIGHING!!! I have a check up Dec 13th and I am already stressing. DUMB I KNOW!! I just can't seem to stop it!! Oh well I must go.

@@shedo82773

I like you have a love hate relationship with the scale. First, I hate weighing at the doctors office because the time of day and what you are wearing matter. So everytime I go there it tells me I am 4 to 5 lbs heavier than my home scale tells me.

I loved the scale during the weight loss phase because personally it and my clothes motivated me to keep on going.

Now that I am in maintenance I watch my weight go up and down week after week. One week I am up 3 or 4 lbs the next week I am down a few pounds. The scale is no longer motivating for me so I have to find other ways to motivate myself.

YEP!!! That is so true!! I think after we are at goal we need lots of NSV'S to keep us going. Like for me one of my biggest was when my grandkids could sit beside me in my recliner with room to spare!! When I went for a walk with them and THEY ASKED me when I was done, and could we go home now!! LOL When my daughter started teasing me about not having a BUTT and that was why my tailbone hurt. When my knees hurt at night because they were bony. I could go on and on!! I'm sure you have lots of them too. RIGHT After the scale stops these are near and dear to us!!

I am 6 weeks out rny on Monday. I had only lost a lb or two every week or so til this week. I've lost 9.6 lbs since Wed. So almost 3 days. Why??? Absolutely no clue. I haven't changed anything really. Just hang in there

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

@@MindyMe

This is what we are saying, the scale fluctuates and sometimes in can be very drastic. Next week you might get on and you have lost nothing and will be frustrated again.

If you are going to weight regularly, you need to keep the circumstances the same and even then you will see fluctuations. If you had another of salty food the day before you may even show a gain but we know your calorie count would not allow you to gain. So, it is likely Water weight from the salt.

If suddenly you drip 9lbs in one week in the beginning, that is great. Enjoy it because there will be many weeks where you only lose a pound or two or maybe even nothing.

Dont let the scale rule your your success. Use your health and how your clothes fit. I promise, if you follow the plan the darn scale doesnt matter. You will lose the weight and get to goal.

And yes....I know that is easier said than done.

Best of luck to you!