Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS PRE OP!

My surgery is in 2 days time, I was really excited yesterday but today I'm feeling a little down and re thinking everything.

sanaa❣️

Think of what you have gone through to get here, the reasons you have come so far, and the things you want out of the surgery. Look at before and afters. I get being nervous but don't forget what brought you here.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi @@sc101071

Thank you so much. That's what I keep telling myself, just think of the future when all the hard work is done! Maybe I'm just having a bad day today, I hope tomorrow will be better. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

sanaa❣️

Good luck no matter what.

@@sanaa.a

All my fears pre op did Not eventuate!

It was all in my head ..... Everything turned out to be fine.

FEAR: False Expectations Appearing Real

Good luck for your surgery and best wishes for your recovery!

Let us know how you went, please.

I'm saying good night, got to have few zzzzzzzzz

sleep well, tomorrow is another day :)

Hi,

No one can tell you how to feel and it is only natural to doubt. I am 5 months post op sleeve 7lbs away from 100 pound loss. I would not change a thing best choice I ever made. Do not let fear sway you. If you are a person of faith just believe that this is meant to be for better health inshalla. Actually, shocked at how easy the recovery is, of course there are challenges that everyone faces but I was back to work in one weeks time. Feel free to write and ask me anything, no worries. Most of all live into the new life you are creating for yourself!! Last year if someone told me I would be jogging 3 miles like I can now. I would have laughed in their face for I could hardly walk up the street without panting. Keep it simple do not allow all the details to bog you down. :D

Salam,

Michele Reynolds Dabwan

My surgery is in 2 days time, I was really excited yesterday but today I'm feeling a little down and re thinking everything.

sanaa❣️

I've heard that is completely normal. You'll even feel down and have regrets after surgery. It'll pass. You're doing the right thing for your health. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Hi @@tealdog1982 and @Ivfavy

Thanks guys, I know deep down I'm

doing the right thing, but I just think it's that feeling "is everything going to go well" worry that I have. I'm staying positive and I hope these last days will pass so I can just get it done!

sanaa❣️

I am on the borderline of weight and BMI. My issue is I am a diabetic. I still have to have the sleep study done then they will submit to insurance company. I am so afraid I will have gone through all this just to have them deny it. I am so tired of being a slave to diabetes. This will cause it to reverse so I have been going down this road hoping for a great destination.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I talked myself out of it five years ago I'm finally getting ready to have my surgery on 22 November and wish I would've talked myself out of it then and now there's not one thing that could talk me out of it within five years I put on over 50 pounds health got worse and that all could have been avoided. As was already said think of how far you have come and why you wanted this.

I did it still afraid.

Once I got to the hospital, I was so busy that I forgot about my fears.

Then, later I was given a nice pre-med drug cocktail that actually relaxed me so much that I fell asleep while I was waiting for the surgery.

Then a trip to theatre room, count backwards from 10, vaguely remember 8, and next I was waking up in recovery to have my vitals checked.

Fell asleep again, briefly woke up to have my vitals checked (don't remember being wheeled to my hospital room),

fell asleep etc ....

I was done late in the evening, so I just slept and slept.

Next day had a walk with a physio plus my IV stand, started on my fluids, had bit of pain, mainly from my drain site on my left side, got good pain killers.

Was relieved once the drain came out the day after (not everyone gets a drain), could sip more fluids, had a clear Soup, Jello, Water, tea.

Not much pain after drain came out.

No nausea, no vomiting.

This was lot less painful surgery than some other ones I had in the past.

So, have faith that if it brought you this far, you can go further, be afraid etc, just take one step at a time, and One Day at a Time.

Good Luck! :)