Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question dumping?

If ur like me, it's the sugar free sucralose ingredient ...that's what it does to me.

Now dumping can happen with sleeve it's just rare and still should only happen with high sugar high fat empty calories foods

Idk, I'm not sure how sip time would cause diarrhea but perhaps?

Still having this issue?

@@godblessedchild well I better pre emp and say I'm a newbie so can't say from personal experience but can throw out the thought...are yiu getting enough Fiber? My surgery nurse said sometimes this is a problem for awhile and getting to much fiber but not enough hydration can cause Constipation too

I'm a sleever who dumps and what you are describing is a bit different. For many, dumping is almost immediate sweats/chills/need to vomit and poo all at the same time. Dumping indicates that everything is coming out one way or another. I dump from rich ice cream, cream based Soups, rice, Pasta and potatoes. Other people dump from other things -- there is no one magic thing that causes it.

I have pooping issues after meals and my best advice? Probiotics if/when approved by your doctor. They have really helped balance out everything that is going on in my gut. They don't stop dumping if I eat something my body immediately rejects, but they do help the poop factory that occurs hours after meal and/or the next day.

:)

I am one of those rare dumpers as well. Mine happens exactly the way @@LipstickLady described...I get sweats, chills and nausea immediately after ice cream or something with a rich or fatty sauce. I just try to avoid the foods that cause the issue.

Ugh.. something else to worry about

I just got my sleeve monday and ended up with low phosphorus which could have been because I had so much diarrhea from the fake sugars on my preop diet.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Joy@boman

Hey everyone I'm a month and 6 days out and 20lbs lighter. My diet consists on cream of chicken Soup with tofu and chicken in it, Jello, cottage cheese,Protein shakes and boil egg whites and cream of wheat. I Have one more week before I can go to more softer foods. Can't wait to eat some bake fish and a bake sweet potato

@@LipstickLady & @

I've just had my first dumping experience. Exactly the way you describe yours. Half an hour after I drank 3/4 cup of milk with sustagen in it. (Not sure if you have it there. It's an Australian Meal Replacement like opti fast).

I had the same thing last night but with no effects.

Can you dump from drinking too fast? Or is it just a matter of what your body tolerates one day it may not the next?

Edited by Nikkinee