Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One odd fact about you

Perhaps we could learn a quirky thing we don't know about each other?

Me: I was once in a famous country singers fan club and won a chance to sit down and chat with her!

I like to build things. For example my wife and I built our own home. We did about 90% of the labor.

When we were hit by tornadoes a few years ago and since our house did not have a basement, I saw the need to build an underground shelter. But I was obese and my health was going downhill fast as a result of my obesity. So I had RNY gastric bypass surgery, lost the weight, resolved my health issues and built an underground shelter. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Shelter.pdf

Believe it or not, once i actually climbed Homestead mountain in Colorado and I was very very heavy. I thought I was going to die literally but I did it.

That was back in 1997 and I still have fat pictures of me at the summit.

Perhaps we could learn a quirky thing we don't know about each other?

@@Julie norton

do you mean telling only good stuff?

or something else that might be relevant that is not so good?

kathy

Well... We all are getting to chat with each other casually

Share whatever you like ... I want to know something.... Whatever you choose !!

Only one? How to choose? Okay, the first thing that comes to mind...

I've had branch trimmings from the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree (the preparation of the tree once it's been erected is more interesting than the finished product) as living-room decorations. I used wide, red ribbon to tie them into two pretty bundles and then tied those to the interior window shutters.

@@Julie norton, is the name of the country singer a secret?

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I burned both of my hands very badly as a child and all my fingerprints have scars. When I had them taken when we were going through the adoption process, the girl who did them said it's very rare for fingerprints to scar, so I think that's my quirk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

You people are way more interesting than I am!

I once won $10,000 worth of furniture from a door prize.

You people are way more interesting than I am!

I once won $10,000 worth of furniture from a door prize.

I couldn't think of anything until I read this. I won a trip to Hawaii (have been twice including the trip I won).

My ultimate WLS goal is to go back to Hawaii and learn to surf.

Don't judge me.... i didn't know who he was at the time..... but i once went on a date with David Duke....

and once did....(illegal white substance) with Al Copeland...

Don't judge me.... i didn't know who he was at the time..... but i once went on a date with David Duke....

and once did....(illegal white substance) with Al Copeland...

Googled both people...lol

Where do you hang out to meet such people? Lol

My neice and nephew (and ex sister in law who I still love!) live in Vegas and get to meet cool people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

@@Babbs and @@Inner Surfer Girl -- I "won" a GMC Acadia Denali with all the bells and whistles because I was in the right place at the right time. I sold it to the dealer that GMC enlisted to handle the transaction. Where am I to park a monster like that in Manhattan? Beside, I don't lug around a Little League team. When I went to the dealership to do all the paperwork (I was required to take title), I was given a tour of the car which had just come in with all the extras the dealer had ordered, knowing what he could sell. I sat in it about five minutes and realized that it was nice to sit high and see everything. The next day I missed the big lug.

Anyway, the bits of the Rock. Center tree are more unusual.

ISG, I'll come to Hawaii to watch you surf.

Honestly, these are the nicest rides I've ever looked at. While hubs was truck shopping a few years ago, I checked one out...soooo nice...but who could afford the fuel??? This was when it was $4 a gallon here where I live.

@@Babbs and @@Inner Surfer Girl -- I "won" a GMC Acadia Denali with all the bells and whistles because I was in the right place at the right time. I sold it to the dealer that GMC enlisted to handle the transaction. Where am I to park a monster like that in Manhattan? Beside, I don't lug around a Little League team. When I went to the dealership to do all the paperwork (I was required to take title), I was given a tour of the car which had just come in with all the extras the dealer had ordered, knowing what he could sell. I sat in it about five minutes and realized that it was nice to sit high and see everything. The next day I missed the big lug.

Anyway, the bits of the Rock. Center tree are more unusual.

ISG, I'll come to Hawaii to watch you surf.

Honestly, these are the nicest rides I've ever looked at. While hubs was truck shopping a few years ago, I checked one out...soooo nice...but who could afford the fuel??? This was when it was $4 a gallon here where I live.

I'm sure it is a nice ride, but completely impractical here, never mind that lots of people have cars of that size. Owning a car is impractical for me. I'm better off renting or borrowing when I need one. I'd thought of using the GMC for a week or so, but was told that I'd be whittling my sale price down to near nothing. It was enough that, having taken title, I was selling what is considered a "used" car -- with 5 miles on the odometer as it comes to the dealership from the plant. Sitting in it sure was nice. Not quite as nice as riding in a '56 T-bird or '52 MGB, but nice all the same......Y'know what's happening. I want a car of my own, parking be damned.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I'm sure it is a nice ride, but completely impractical here, never mind that lots of people have cars of that size. Owning a car is impractical for me. I'm better off renting or borrowing when I need one. I'd thought of using the GMC for a week or so, but was told that I'd be whittling my sale price down to near nothing. It was enough that, having taken title, I was selling what is considered a "used" car -- with 5 miles on the odometer as it comes to the dealership from the plant. Sitting in it sure was nice. Not quite as nice as riding in a '56 T-bird or '52 MGB, but nice all the same......Y'know what's happening. I want a car of my own, parking be damned.

Yeah, my friend grew up in NYC (Jackson Heights Queens) and said owning a car was more trouble than it was worth. One time on a visit here, he commented how cheap parking was. It was $12, and I thought that was ridiculous. We were in a tourist town. Most places are like $3-5 if you have to pay at all where I live.