Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is Tuesday. I think I should have done of the Protein Soups in the house. I see there are broths and cream versions. Please share your experience and recommendations.

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

I made home made bone Soup with onions, veggies. When it was done, I blended it in a blender, strained it and then added nutritional yeast to the final Soup. The bones I treated my dogs with them. Happy tails mean happy dogs!!!

It is/was delicious!!! I made several containers of it and froze it for post op.

I did the same with chicken, and veggies. Strained it and added nutritional yeast. I froze the yummy broth and used the chicken for pre-op chicken salad.

A little planning ahead and you'll have much better and better for you Protein soup than you'll ever find in a can.

Good luck!!!----you little soup maker, you! :)

Great idea. I've never used nutritional yeast. What is it?

you can google it. Amazon sells a book all about it. It is a dead flaked yeast. It tastes like bread crumbs on cold Proteins and cheese on hot Proteins.

I use it almost daily on something and I'm five years out. It adds a savory tastes and at 7-8gr/protein with only an addition of 35-40cal. it's a good additional Protein add-on.

Try it----you'll like it!! :)

you can google it. Amazon sells a book all about it. It is a dead flaked yeast. It tastes like bread crumbs on cold Proteins and cheese on hot Proteins.

I use it almost daily on something and I'm five years out. It adds a savory tastes and at 7-8gr/protein with only an addition of 35-40cal. it's a good additional Protein add-on.

What's a serving size for that much Protein?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

you can google it. Amazon sells a book all about it. It is a dead flaked yeast. It tastes like bread crumbs on cold Proteins and cheese on hot Proteins.< /p>

What's a serving size for that much Protein?

Two Tablespoons.

Sorry I forgot to mention that. Silly me ;)

Thanks dear!

I liked the ProtiDiet creamy chicken and Tomato basil Soups post-op. unjury chicken Soup is also good. They are great ways to get in Protein, especially if you want something savory.

I need to taste those soups. Have the Unjury chicken and still- at 5.5 mos post op, still enjoy them. Thanks for the info!

Valentine I'm currently making the bone broth in the crock pot. I bought the nutritional yeast in health food store. Do you add the yeast into the broth while it's cooking or are you sprinkling some on top when ready to eat. The person in the store wasn't able to answer.thanks

My surgeon and NUT are anti-protein shakes, so I plan to use bone broth to take care of Protein needs and hydration needs in the first several days post-op. The nutritional yeast is a great add-on idea!