Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thoroughly looking forward to next weeks meal prep! Breakfast eggs cups, lean turkey burgers, and crockpot chicken thighs for the win. Got Protein? 18 days post op and I'm allowed meats, softened veggies, and surgeon gave the go ahead to introduce foods as tolerated by the end of next week! Woo hoo! I am feeling fantastic and my sleeve is tolerating foods and liquids nicely! No nausea (yet!) I am able to gulp (I missed gulping) and I have several cues as to when I am satisfied. No dumping. No heart burn and introduced meats three days ago. I am exercising daily 30-60 minutes. Down almost 27 pounds and though I haven't lost in a few days I am doing well. Craving carbs but it passes. The first week, I was miserable (not physically) but the head hunger was just pathetic. Now, doing better. Grateful I've yet to have complications or reactions to food, im sure it'll come. I love eggs, love Protein shakes, love turkey, and love chickfila diet lemonade (I know. Not the best. But yay for fluids!) more money in my pocket as I'm not eating out everyday. If you're a few days out and feeling hopeless or sick or aggravated or having buyers remorse... KEEP GOING. It does get easier. And yes. I'm only 18 days out. And it's already easier. Yay for this tool!!

Hw:276

Sw:264.5

CW:238 post-260134-14716531428115_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

WOW! That all sounds so great! I'm 9 days out and can't even think about adding meats yet. I, too, have had no nausea and am feeling awesome. 27 pounds is amazing; way to go!

This is so helpful. Thank you and good for you for such a great attitude. My surgery is 9/13. I pray I will do as well as you.

Super helpful and promising to us who haven't had the surgery yet. Congratulations on your success both mentally and physically.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

You are amazing...and so positive...you will definitely be a survivor in this game! I am 13 days out and planning for my pureed foods for the next 2 weeks. Any major suggestions...heading out to the grocery store....also...if anyone has any suggestions...I am not tolerating my Centrum complete chewable Vitamins too well...orange and way too chalky and sweet...thoughts?? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

This is so helpful. Thank you and good for you for such a great attitude. My surgery is 9/13. I pray I will do as well as you.

You'll do great!! It's more in our heads than anything else. Mind over matter. You got this.

You are amazing...and so positive...you will definitely be a survivor in this game! I am 13 days out and planning for my pureed foods for the next 2 weeks. Any major suggestions...heading out to the grocery store....also...if anyone has any suggestions...I am not tolerating my Centrum complete chewable Vitamins too well...orange and way too chalky and sweet...thoughts?? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I didn't have an official puréed stage. But it was recommended that if something was super thick or had chunks to dilute. Depending on what you're allowed, I did enjoy soft cheese, refried Beans with cheese, runny scrambled eggs, Peanut Butter (check with your nutritionist) and I had mashed potatoes once, I also enjoyed SF pudding (slider food; be careful) and the ricotta bake. Basically anything you're allowed just in apple sauce consistency. And I loved no sugar added apple sauce occasionally.

As far as Vitamins go, some surgeons allow gummy vitamins. If so, I'm taking a multi with Calcium and Iron in Gummy form right now. It goes down easily. But check with team! You're going to do great!! Enjoy your new foods this week :)

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION TOMORROW MARKS 14 DAYS FOR ME. KEEP UP THE GOOD NEWS

Sent from my VS987 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you!! We got this

Congratulations on doing so well! Reading what you've written gives me hope. I am 6 days post op, and have head hunger, and actual hunger! Very frustrating, but I am adhering to the diet plan. I just wish, what feels like, severe hunger pangs would ease up. Any suggestions?

Sent from my STV100-1 using the BariatricPal App

Thoroughly looking forward to next weeks meal prep! Breakfast eggs cups, lean turkey burgers, and crockpot chicken thighs for the win. Got Protein? 18 days post op and I'm allowed meats, softened veggies, and surgeon gave the go ahead to introduce foods as tolerated by the end of next week! Woo hoo! I am feeling fantastic and my sleeve is tolerating foods and liquids nicely! No nausea (yet!) I am able to gulp (I missed gulping) and I have several cues as to when I am satisfied. No dumping. No heart burn and introduced meats three days ago. I am exercising daily 30-60 minutes. Down almost 27 pounds and though I haven't lost in a few days I am doing well. Craving carbs but it passes. The first week, I was miserable (not physically) but the head hunger was just pathetic. Now, doing better. Grateful I've yet to have complications or reactions to food, im sure it'll come. I love eggs, love Protein shakes, love turkey, and love chickfila diet lemonade (I know. Not the best. But yay for fluids!) more money in my pocket as I'm not eating out everyday. If you're a few days out and feeling hopeless or sick or aggravated or having buyers remorse... KEEP GOING. It does get easier. And yes. I'm only 18 days out. And it's already easier. Yay for this tool!!

CW:238 attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1471653611.890874.jpg

Thank you sooo much for the information and the picture that I saved to my phone. Awesome success! Oh and I PM you too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by TWW200

Out of curiosity what kind of exercise are you doing?

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 270 lbs

Out of curiosity what kind of exercise are you doing?

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 270 lbs

Hi! I walk everyday for 30 minutes minimum. I walk my neighborhoods trails. But I take my two year old so I'm pushing him in the stroller. Taking it easy. At one month post op I'll start Zumba.

Congratulations on doing so well! Reading what you've written gives me hope. I am 6 days post op, and have head hunger, and actual hunger! Very frustrating, but I am adhering to the diet plan. I just wish, what feels like, severe hunger pangs would ease up. Any suggestions?

Sent from my STV100-1 using the BariatricPal App

From days 3-10 I really really struggled with buyers remorse. I wanted to eat and chew so bad. Yes. I cried. Haha. I didn't feel hungry but my body was all freaky (hormones, lack of carbs, majors surgery, etc) so I thought I was so stinking hungry. Your hunger may be very real and if so sip on something to drink or try a sugar free Popsicle. Those helped so much. Now I have real hunger. And I gotta eat when I gotta eat. Haha. this does pass. Really it does. And I remember everyone telling me that two weeks ago. It gets better. I hope you feel better! Sip sip sip. And definitely do everything in your power to find things you love to do that don't involve food.