Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 4 months post op and have had a lot of Hair loss. My.hair has been falling out in clumps and becoming very noticable.. I have been taking Biotin and making sure I get I enough Protein, but no matter what I do it keeps coming out. I fear if it doesn't subside soon I won't have any hair left. Is anyone else experiencing this. My surgery was April 25.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I am almost 4 months post op and have had a lot of hair loss. My.hair has been falling out in clumps and becoming very noticable.. I have been taking Biotin and making sure I get I enough Protein, but no matter what I do it keeps coming out. I fear if it doesn't subside soon I won't have any hair left. Is anyone else experiencing this. My surgery was April 25.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

It's very common. Not much you can do to prevent it. It will grow back.

I haven't experienced hair loss (yet), but there's not much you do to stop it. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen, and it's going to run its course.

There is a lot of "speculation" and inconclusive science that Biotin (or any B-Vitamins) actually promote Hair growth or prevent Hair loss. I don't think any amount of it is going to help you, unfortunately.

But in almost all cases, it grows back.

Yes. It started off gradually but I was told to scrub my scalp with some special Shampoo for seborrheic dermititis and by the time I was ready to wash the stuff off, there were clumps of hair running through my fingers.. I thought I would use extensions but I don't think our hair is strong enough to hold on to extensions. I feel so so defeated and depressed. Hair was the one thing I could feel pretty about all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Lema

Try Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner or one of their treatment sets. It's a bit expensive but it works.

The only way to combat is is eat as much Protein as you can. You should be aiming for at least 50g or 1/4 cup. And take good Multivitamins and B12 supplement . This will stop it happening.

Happening to me too. Started around 5 month post op and I'm almost 7 months post op and it is still coming out in clumps. I don't know how I still have hair on my head. I take Vitamins and get my Protein in but it didn't help. Doc says it will stop and eventually grow back but I hope it stops soon. In the meantime I use something called Toppik to help cover thinning areas. It is really great. Anyone out there further along than us that can give us some peace of mind about how long this will last and whether hair grows back full again???

Yes in fact I've been losing it since month three I have lost so much hair and it is still coming out I am beside myself. My surgery was April 23.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I SECOND THE NIOXIN SUGGESTION!!!!

i had surgery two years ago. i started Nioxin about a week prior to surgery and continued it for about 6 months post. i had SOME loss but it could have been worst. my hair is naturally fine and curly so i couldn't afford to lose too much!

also continue with Biotin, and ask your doctor about your labs. many times your lab values can reflect some other deficiency that can account for faster than normal Hair loss.< /p>

this DOES stop and reverse. your body has undergone a massive traumatic injury to it's metabolic system and hair loss is very normal.