Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't be scared! This is exciting! Why are you so nervous?

@@Hiraeth - because she should. She is going to permanently alter her body. I would be nervous if I was going to get a tattoo (I'm not, but if you ain't nervous the first time, go home and sleep it off). ;-)

@@jaycass - I expect every one is due at least three or four freak out moments before surgery. It's ok. You will have more. If you get to the point where you don't think this should be an option, read this post...http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/195065-you-know-you-lost-weight-when/

Good luck, feel free to let us know when you are feakin, every single person on the losers bench felt it, and we are here to help.

@@Hiraeth - because she should. She is going to permanently alter her body. I would be nervous if I was going to get a tattoo (I'm not, but if you ain't nervous the first time, go home and sleep it off). ;-)

@@jaycass - I expect every one is due at least three or four freak out moments before surgery. It's ok. You will have more. If you get to the point where you don't think this should be an option, read this post...http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/195065-you-know-you-lost-weight-when/

Good luck, feel free to let us know when you are feakin, every single person on the losers bench felt it, and we are here to help.

Well, technically she should be. But I wanted to hear the details as to what is bothering her so I could maybe give her advice and help calm her nerves.

I'm right there with you, I finally got a date... August 29th and as soon as I got off the phone with the scheduler I about had a panic attack lol but I've been waiting on this for 6 months so I'm gonna put my big panties on and go for it!! Good luck to you!

You guys are so sweet !! Thank you for your support I will be having freak outs till the day lol !! But I am so excited to get it done !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey, it's nervous to feel scared! I wasn't as scared because I have this mentality that everything will be ok. I don't know why I think this way, but I'm beginning to just accept it as a part of my personality, lol.

When you go in to the hospital the morning of your surgery, you will probably be more nervous than ever. But, they will give you a shot called Versed that makes pretty much all of your worries disappear. It calms you, makes you drowsy, and it's kinda funny. I laughed a lot when they gave it to me, lol! You will do great! If you need any advice, or are just having a freak out, and need someone to talk to, you can definitely message me. :)

Edited by Hiraeth

Just got my date I'm August 29 and I'm also super nervous!!! Started my process in May and now it's here it came so fast!!!! I'm a bottle of nerves.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

We have the same date!!

Are you nervous at all?

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Heck yeah, 20 days left I get more nervous as the days pass. I know this is what I want and I know that if I don't just do it and get it over with now I will somehow talk myself out of it.