Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anxiety about being almost one year post op

Next month will be a whole year since my surgery and I am very anxious about it because I feel like things will change dramatically. I'm also a little worried about me not losing more than 74 pounds.

I keep thinking about my first three weeks and how I began to crave food and how I ate a scrambled egg before I was told I could eat solids. I feel bad about that.

I also feel like things happened so fast. It was like I was just in Nebraska and then I was in Georgia a month after my surgery working at a dog daycare and then a month later I am in Florida.

I don't know where the time went and why the pounds didn't drop as fast.

I also feel like I unknowingly sabotaged my surgery.

It's just a lot of thoughts.

The time passes so fast it's been a year for me now and I'm still not done losing. Your weight loss is great . If you've gotten off track take a deep breath and start over. I've gotten somewhat lax but I added my Protein shakes back in and trying to get my Vitamins . This tool is still there just let it work .

I realize where my issues are and I have to do better

I was your weight when I started my pre-op diet, and now I'm 178 lbs. I had surgery two months before you did. I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to other people, although my surgeon's office told me at my one-year follow-up that I was pretty much in the middle of the pack as far as weight loss goes.

So yes - it seems like you're a bit behind the crowd - but then I don't know your situation or what factors might have influenced that. HOWEVER, you still have the tool so you should be able to lose the weight. It just might be harder now because you're further out. But it can be done. Just start following your program again - Protein first, separating eating and drinking, etc. You can do this!!

Forget about the past--focus on what you can do today.

Get back on track.

-- keep logging your food/protein in a food log/diary

-- drink all your Water

-- count grams of Protein and eat that first

-- no white sugar, no white flour (I don't know if all dr's say this but mine did so your mileage may vary)

-- stop drinking Water 30 minutes before eating

-- no drinking anything while eating

-- chew, chew, chew, take your time, eat thoughtfully and mindfully

-- start drinking water 30 minutes after eating

-- exercise every day

-- take your Vitamins every day

These are the basics--are you doing them? Have you fallen off? Get back on and the weight will start to come off again.

@@esskay77 is right, you can't focus on the past. Just focus on what you can do now.

Have you found the medical help you need in your area yet?

Next month will be a whole year since my surgery and I am very anxious about it because I feel like things will change dramatically. I'm also a little worried about me not losing more than 74 pounds.

I keep thinking about my first three weeks and how I began to crave food and how I ate a scrambled egg before I was told I could eat solids. I feel bad about that.

I also feel like things happened so fast. It was like I was just in Nebraska and then I was in Georgia a month after my surgery working at a dog daycare and then a month later I am in Florida.

I don't know where the time went and why the pounds didn't drop as fast.

I also feel like I unknowingly sabotaged my surgery.

It's just a lot of thoughts.

Although I didn't have as much to lose, I did not lose as much as I thought I should at one year. I called my doctor and asked what I could do. She suggested that I go back to day 1 eating and start there. Use two days for each week (week 1 liquids- Decaf tea coffee, sugar free Popsicle, sugar free Jello, clear sugar free juice, broth) (week 2 full liquids - Protein powder with Water, thinned cream Soup, thin oatmeal, sugar free pudding, thin applesauce) etc. You know the drill. It takes a lot of will power, but it works. Don't forget to exercise and drink Water and make your meals last at least 20 minutes. No water before, during, or after any meal - even with liquid meals.

You are a bit behind where you should be and given your initial post I am sure you know why.

The good news is you recognize it and you know what you need to do to get moving again.

Don't let the past dictate your success. Pull out your post op diet and get back to the basics. This will ensure things start to move in the right direction again.

You've lost over 70lbs, that means you do know how it is done. I know you can do this but you have to change what you are doing whatever that might be.

This was just what I needed to read today because too have felt that I am a bit behind everyone else. Also when I read of other ppl's progress I get compare myself and get depressed. It just happened this was the first thing I saw today and I needed it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using the BariatricPal App