Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow!

I am having my DS surgery in the morning- I am excited/anxious/happy and I hope I can sleep tonight...... I had a VSG 3 years ago, so that part of healing is done. I just hope all goes well and I can make it to the losers bench!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

May guardian angels watch over you---now rest, my friend. Rest.

You have a journey of a life time waiting for you tomorrow. For now, lay your head down, and rest.

--on the, "Losers' Bench"---we will wait for you there.

Prayers going up for a joyful journey for you.

Good luck on your surgery and let us know when you are on the other side.

All things considered, it went very well. The surgery lasted approximately 3 to 4 hours, and I was in the hospital for four days. On the upside, I have lost 15 pounds in a week! The downside is no energy, and dealing with occasional nausea

I'm glad I chose it though. I would do it again! I'm having food issues (like I hate anything puréed!!) and I can't wait till next week for soft foods!

Edited by cmunne

Welcome to the, "Losers' Bench". :)

Rest for a wee bit

Be kind to yourself

THEN:

Get your arse up and get mov'n! :)

Cool glad everything went well. I'm still eating puréed everything. Can't wait to eat real food.. Just much less

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

All things considered, it went very well. The surgery lasted approximately 3 to 4 hours, and I was in the hospital for four days. On the upside, I have lost 15 pounds in a week! The downside is no energy, and dealing with occasional nausea

I'm glad I chose it though. I would do it again! I'm having food issues (like I hate anything puréed!!) and I can't wait till next week for soft foods!

cmunne,

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like you are doing well.

How was the pain and gas?

Did you have laparoscopic surgery?

My surgeon said DS only required an overnight stay. He does only laparoscopic.

The gas was bad for a couple of days after surgery due to all the air they pump in you to expand your belly, the pain for me anyway, was only bad for a few days. I haven't taken pain meds since last week.

But I think you may need to research another doctor! I was in the hospital for 4 days, I have 5 incisions, it was done laparoscopically, actually robotically. My personal opinion, and that of my doc as well apparently, is a 3-4 day hospital stay. I could barely walk for a few days. I am still very slow on my feet.

I was in hospital 2.5 days. The insurance company only approves the first day then you re apply if there are issues. My issue was blood oxygen. I needed to get the levels up off the oxygen. My insurance approved 5 days total after the first day. I think depending if you meet all criteria to leave one day may be all you need.

The surgeon I will be using runs a center of excellence and has all the highest accolades a bariatric surgeon can receive. He also did a fellowship at Duke and is very good at what he does. I have done my research so I believe he is the best choice.

The reason I worry about the amount of time spent at the hospital is that my surgeon and the hospital I will be using is an hour and a half away. My adult daughter will be accompanying me and she will be staying in a hotel. She has been with me every step on this journey, even going on a diet with me and going to all my appts. She is concerned about losing more time from work and I would hate to put even more on her shoulders by needing her to stay in a hotel a better part of a week. No way she would leave me there.